Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Masters golf tournament
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
penziol
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:30 am    Post subject: The Masters golf tournament Reply with quote

Hey all, just checking to see if anyone on here has access to tickets for the masters. I am trying to take my father and wanted to check here since online tickets are super expensive. Let me know. Thanks
Big Bull Shooter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: The Masters golf tournament Reply with quote

Good luck. It's an experience of a lifetime for a golf nut!
Smokey says.... only you can prevent Bug fires!
zerotofifty
May 16, 2023
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The Masters golf tournament Reply with quote

Not sure I would go to Augusta to watch The Masters. I mean, where would you stand with so many great shots to watch? 2nd shot on hole 8 would be cool to see, even hole 2 second shot. Amen Corner, hole 12, classic. Hole 15 approach, hole 16 tee for hole-in-one stuff....man, better to watch on computer, Themasters.org is awesome.

Big fan of the tournament, watch every year.

"No, I do not own a bleepin' leaf blower"

--
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Masters golf tournament Reply with quote

That's the hardest sports ticket to get. You better have friends with tickets that are willing to sell and deep pockets.
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: The Masters golf tournament Reply with quote

penziol wrote:
Hey all, just checking to see if anyone on here has access to tickets for the masters. I am trying to take my father and wanted to check here since online tickets are super expensive. Let me know. Thanks

Sometime an answer to a simple question here isn't so simple.
It seems that some want to tell you why it's going to be impossible or point out the storied history of the event.

I have attended a few PGA tournament although not The Masters.
I do not golf but love the incredible beauty of the courses an the skill of the players.
If it weren't for golf, I would have not met my wife of 28 years, 30 years ago this coming June I had a pair of passed to The Memorial Tournament. I invited my future bride to the event. I think it helped seal the deal!

Anyhow, I will not make any assumptions about your financial abilities to procure passes. For and event like this nothing is going to be cheap.
I would suggest keep looking at the ticket resale market or perhaps reaching out to the event sponsor/s so see if they have extra passes.

I really hope wish you luck. What a great memory to build with dad. They won't be with us forever.

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: The Masters golf tournament Reply with quote

🎶 Moderator time 🎶
Thread has been cleaned up, the off-the-topic posts were overwhelming the original discussion
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mickey bitsko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: The Masters golf tournament Reply with quote

There's a one day practice round ticket for sale, Denver cl, if interested.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: The Masters golf tournament Reply with quote

From someone who used to golf 100 times a year, HS team 2 years, and have shot par twice, and attended the Phoenix Open a few times: one can see better and get a much better feel for what's happening by watching on TV. Sorry.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: The Masters golf tournament Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
one can see better and get a much better feel for what's happening by watching on TV. Sorry.

Same thing can be said for many sports, but being there is part of the experience.

Last year my wife and I attended the Hampton equestrian event and had a great time walking around the back area where the horses and riders were and enjoying the food.

We did watch some of the competitions.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: The Masters golf tournament Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
From someone who used to golf 100 times a year, HS team 2 years, and have shot par twice, and attended the Phoenix Open a few times: one can see better and get a much better feel for what's happening by watching on TV. Sorry.

That’s my thinking too cusser. Sometimes the whole experience outweighs the game.
I have a buddy in sports broadcasting. He attends several high profile sporting events each year. Most of the ones in the US you can think of. The network has never sent him to The Masters tournament for work. He paid for the opportunity to watch The Masters tournament live out of pocket and said it’s the best sporting experience he’s ever attended and would do it again. 30 years ago my friend in Augusta would rent his house out for a couple weeks. To tournament goers and sometimes contestants. I thought that was weird. Now it’s just normal Airbnb shit. Progress.

These club members seem to be enjoying themselves. It doesn’t bother me that extremely rich people have exclusive clubs. I’m ok not being invited. Hate clubs is a different conversation.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: The Masters golf tournament Reply with quote

If you want to watch the golf tournament, watch TV.
If you want to experience the golf tournament, you have to go.
It's one of those cases where you don't know what you've missed (if you are into that kind of thing) until you experience it.

I've been to a number of golf tournaments and The Masters is by far the best one ever put on. Not just from an organizational perspective but also the environmental perspective.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The Masters golf tournament Reply with quote

I'm still wondering why it is that you have to keep quiet. If concentration is the reason, then why are 50,000 people screaming while a 100 mph fastball is coming at a guy's head and don't tell me that they're yelling for him to duck?
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The Masters golf tournament Reply with quote

Bonesberg55 wrote:
I'm still wondering why it is that you have to keep quiet. If concentration is the reason, then why are 50,000 people screaming while a 100 mph fastball is coming at a guy's head and don't tell me that they're yelling for him to duck?

Tradition... like wearing tennis white.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The Masters golf tournament Reply with quote

Bonesberg55 wrote:

Not all professional golf tournaments happen in a library Wink This is a fun tournament Bonesberg.

Link

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The Masters golf tournament Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Cusser wrote:
one can see better and get a much better feel for what's happening by watching on TV. Sorry.

Same thing can be said for many sports, but being there is part of the experience.

In 1979, my brother worked as a grunt for the CBS golf telecasts. Yes, he did go to Augusta for that, and I seem to remember he got to play there the next day.

Bonesberg55 wrote:
I'm still wondering why it is that you have to keep quiet.

I imagine you haven't watched the 16th hole at the Phoenix Waste Management tournament. Folks RUN to the 16th hole when the gates open, drink all day, scream at the players, scream on every shot. Really got a jump-start 25 years ago when Tiger made a hole in one there.

Link

That's the highest-attended golf tournament on the planet, more than the majors. I worked a mile from there and traffic gridlocks throughout, not helped by Barrett-Jackson right nearby. The rich from Scottsdale go there to see and be seen, including the high-priced Bird's Nest bar.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The Masters golf tournament Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Bonesberg55 wrote:

Not all professional golf tournaments happen in a library Wink This is a fun tournament Bonesberg.

Link

Not according to Happy Gilmore!
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: The Masters golf tournament Reply with quote

Bonesberg55 wrote:

Took longer than I thought to that reference.

Link

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The Masters golf tournament Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Bonesberg55 wrote:

Took longer than I thought to that reference.

Link

I wonder what Lacey Underall is doing!
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The Masters golf tournament Reply with quote

if you wanna watch a sporting event , check out the cheese wheel race in the UK.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: