Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

So it begins
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Wiring harness from the Subaru needs to go on a diet. rear and front harness.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Today we eliminated all the unnecessary wiring like the air bag wiring,ABS wiring,and door wiring .What a job. Hope it runs after this.lol

Left everything else cause I'd like to use this harness with as much as the subaru accessories as possible. A/C unit, instrument cluster , radio, steering column with all the controls on it and of course the engine management.
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Put the rear Suspension together today and got it back on the tires . I’ll adjust the height after I put the car together

bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

M

Mock up with the motor and trans . Got my Subarugears motor and trans mount and subanose
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Need to get a shifter. any recommendations?

I installed the shifter linkage and from what I've been reading the way they hook it up won't work. It will probably work with the motor on the upper engine mount on a Subarugears mount but that puts the motor too high and it will need all kind of cutting into the body. So they said to lower the motor on the lower holes. only problem with that is, it moves the transmission linkage way high and the shift rod doesn't line up right. so i had to fab up a different setup for it to work,

bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Ordered a Gene Berg 6710 shifter today. No reverse lock out and ball instead of the T handle. Subaru shift pattern on the ball.They are currently out of bases so it might take 2 weeks before they can even start building it. I can wait for a good shifter.
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Brake lines run. Was a PITA getting the rear bent and installed but this is all it gets.

Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Looks good. I like the stainless braid in the rear as well.
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Thanks . I’m kinda a braided and AN nut as you can see from my last car build . Costly , but worth it to me .

bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Got the Hydraulic clutch setup from Subiworks. you have to modify the clutch arm to get a straight shot at the master cylinder. I welded it solid on both sides and then put a lil weld on each corner , No biggie. I learned long ago when you start customizing something you may have to modify things. Other than that it fits good.

bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

We have brakes and clutch. Gas pedal is drive by wire and i have to mount that on the body since it sits too high to mount on the chassis.Just need to deburr the hole I had to cut .So now the chassis is done for now. On to the body next.

bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Cuttin up. now the rear section with motor is mocked up to start cutting the rear panels to fit.

sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Crazy cool. Cool

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Beast
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Trying to put 10 lbs of you know what in a 5 lb bag..lol. but it'll work out i think.still have to clean up the edges.

bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

muffler is going to fit in there nicely.

agramer1966
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

That is one impressive build 👍.
1984 924
Bunch of old Jap motorbikes
Instagram & YT: #agrameroldoctane
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the kind words . Does anyone know where I can find some fatty rear fenders? I’m not liking the way the rear wheels are close to the fender lip. I see some that are fiberglass but I’d like steel. If I can’t find any I guess I’ll have to make them myself
RLFD213
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

Bruce creative car craft has widen fenders if you’re ok with fiberglass. The quality is top notch.
bruceo98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: So it begins Reply with quote

RLFD213 wrote:
Bruce creative car craft has widen fenders if you’re ok with fiberglass. The quality is top notch.

Thanks . I found glass fenders . No steel fenders . I only need about an inch or and a half to bring the fender out over the tire without worrying about it rubbing . Guess I’ll have to do it myself . Another unplanned project . But no hill for a mountain climber .
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 5 of 15

Jump to: