Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Old school locksmith needed
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:30 pm    Post subject: Old school locksmith needed Reply with quote

Lost my only key for a 1969 Notch. Looking for a locksmith that can make a key from my 3 digit code on my door handle. I have blanks.
Prefer someone in Austin TX but I suppose it's easily shippable.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Old school locksmith needed Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1169945

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Old school locksmith needed Reply with quote

Gabe

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=gabvwkey

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Old school locksmith needed Reply with quote

Have you tried your local locksmith? GAbe is a good guy as well as are other Samba related locksmiths. A local may be able to get it done quicker though.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Old school locksmith needed Reply with quote

16CVs wrote:
Have you tried your local locksmith? GAbe is a good guy as well as are other Samba related locksmiths. A local may be able to get it done quicker though.

Stacy

X2! I have had Gabe do some of my keys before. But sometimes you need stuff done RIGHT NOW and just can’t wait for that show or event to get him to work on it. Here in San Diego I was in such a predicament and tried every “key shop” I could find with no luck. That’s until this guy who told me like others he could not help me, “try this place in El Cajon…Confused

Sent me to the only place around that not only have the key blanks that nobody else had, but took care of it within minutes and was cheap too! Cool
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Old school locksmith needed Reply with quote

In a metro area you should have no problem finding a lock smith. The trick is the blanks. Then wire a spare under the car.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
Stinky123
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Old school locksmith needed Reply with quote

IF they are a reputable Locksmith business....they can do dat, taint difficult. There is a book that turns that code in to cuts on a key.

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=locksmiths&find_loc=Austin%2C+TX
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Old school locksmith needed Reply with quote

It's been a long time ago but I went to the VW dealership with my key code and the parts department was able to cut me a new key for my 72 Beetle with some kind of hand-held clipper. Took very little time and the key worked perfectly. Cost was very reasonable too.

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
clockworkbox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Old school locksmith needed Reply with quote

I can vouch for SteelersBus. Great guy and he did an excellent job with matching my door locks to my ignition.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1160204
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: