Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bugout 85
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

After seeing what he did to your car, I can’t tell you how happy that pic makes me.
07 Boxster
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

I will NOT attend this persons BUG OUT.........and I have NEVER heard of a show (car) being sold out in 50+ years of attendance. I know of THREE others who usually attend but NOT THIS TIME!
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

Yeah, that sold out in advance this is odd, for sure. How small is that property?
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

it seems like a typical scam tactic to get people to buy tickets ahead of time so he can have money upfront. The venue can easily hold the amount of spectators that any VW show on the east coast has seen in the last 20 years.

There are plenty of other VW events to attend. Go to Maple Grove PA in early June. The May or October VW event at Farmington NC. VW Nationals weekend in Hagerstown Maryland Aug 18-19. The Bug N Out show in Warenton Virginia also.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

I thought better of Less, guess I was wrong.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Then he blocked me from further talking. Sounds like a page from Mr Scott’s book.

To be 100% clear, my problem is with Mr Scott, not the BugOut. Mr Scott was selling a set of Super Beetle fenders for $800. I commented that for that price they should still be attached to the car. Then went to bed. I woke up to a nasty threatening message from him, and kicked out of any group of which he was the admin. I let it go. Figured he’d fail in business as he has at everything else in life. Then I saw PJs post, and then I saw a post from Mr Scott himself trashing another shop, of which I am friends with the owner. Mr Scott brought anything negative I post about him, and anyone else does, upon himself. I will see to it in anyway possible that the Bugout under his leadership fails. Up to, and including starting another show on the same day if I have to.
07 Boxster

Last edited by swhitcomb on Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

There’s our hero in all his glory.
07 Boxster
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

swhitcomb wrote:

When you try to print this, it is denied access! Whats up?
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:
swhitcomb wrote:

When you try to print this, it is denied access! Whats up?

I had uploaded it to the samba gallery. Guess it was deleted. I’ll repost when I upload it to a new host.
07 Boxster
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

Yes, we are getting in "personal attack" zone here with private photos, etc.

I noticed you have someone's personal phone # in the texts above too.
Please post those again with that blanked out.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

Will do Not a personal attack. It’s a PSA. We are all aware of a very well known shop that had an owner with extremely similar circumstances.
07 Boxster
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

Thanks for updating the pics.
I removed the older ones.

The PSA stuff and warnings are fine.
I wouldn't want to support a show from someone that did things I disagreed with either
I don't attend one show anymore for somewhat similar reasons
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

I wouldn't want to support a show from someone that did things I disagreed with either

It’s a real shame. This particular show has a 43 year history and a great reputation here on the East Coast. I’ve been going since I moved here in the mid 90s from Los Angeles.
07 Boxster
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

swhitcomb wrote:
EverettB wrote:

It’s a real shame. This particular show has a 43 year history and a great reputation here on the East Coast. I’ve been going since I moved here in the mid 90s from Los Angeles.

I have you beat! I have been attending this show since THE FIRST SHOW...I believe 1979. And, I have seen many come and go. With that said, NOW is not the time to be buying this or any other show. This is an elementary money grab, a show taken on by someone with the purpose of grabbing all they can. Les is not dumb. I am still not sure he would give up his pride and joy to this seemingly dbag. Les and his wife RED screwed me once and sold me a space UNDERWATER at the Old Dominion grounds......couldnt even get in......never returned my money....but that pales in comparison to what is currently happening. This show has crap written all over it and I suggest EVERYONE just stay away to avoid any entrapment! There are so many other good shows to attend!
jpjohns
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

You guys are all hitting the nail right on the head! Krystopher Scott is a POS...period. Huge scam artist for sure. I've had a couple of people come to me for help that were dealing with him. He has scammed so many people its sick. I recently saw him at the Raliegh NC winter VW show and he was trying to pawn off a rusty EMPI roof rack to a guy as a "rare" original VW rack. I'm not sure if the guy bought it or not but the crap coming out of his mouth was hilarious.

Stay away! Make him infamous!

"Scrapyards are for quitters" - Beetlenut (a Samba member)
tacky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

im going to the show with an open mind.

my tickets arrived ahead of time.

i did notice a lot of hate towards this guy on fakebook. seems very 1 sided to me, and there are always 2 sides to a story.

VW Trends and Empi are 2 main sponsors.

i will report back with my view on the show.
i had been going to BUGOUT since early 90s at Mananas Drag Strip.
i hope it is a success.
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

tacky wrote:
im going to the show with an open mind.

my tickets arrived ahead of time.

i did notice a lot of hate towards this guy on fakebook. seems very 1 sided to me, and there are always 2 sides to a story.

VW Trends and Empi are 2 main sponsors.

i will report back with my view on the show.
i had been going to BUGOUT since early 90s at Mananas Drag Strip.
i hope it is a success.

I'll be interested in your unbiased report on the show. Personally, it didn't look like my cup of tea. I'm not into racing or heavily modified VW's...air cooled or water cooled. I also prefer a smaller setting (i.e. V Dubs in the Vineyard)....supposedly they were expecting 7000+ people!
tacky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

event was well planned attended and executed, i give a thumbs up

high attendance, friendly people, great food, live music

i would have preferred more racing (there seemed to be too few racing.)

reggae style band was entertaining.

it seemed to be a sell out to me. lots of old vws attending.

water cooled crowd was high well presented also.

compared to the good ol mananas days i would say pretty close.

my only complaint was the line of cars waiting to enter the raceway. (took 20 minutes to get in.)
Obi-Sean Kenobi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

I recently filed a law suit against Mr. Scott.

I purchased a 'turn key' motor from him late last year.

Pretty much every single thing that can be wrong with a motor is wrong with it. Dual carb set up doesnt work, and didnt fit in the Ghia to begin with.

Hardware missing throughout the engine.

Silicon glopped throughout the engine, places where it shouldnt be.

Leaky vales, leaky seals, major oil leaks.

He said he would come fix it, and showed up at my mechanics shop 8 hours late, had a kid in his car, was angry and unprofessional and then tried to demand more money.

Dont expect a warranty or any type of professional standards.

In short, dont waste your time or money.

He is sellig all over Facebook Marketplace right now. Please be careful!
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

Lots of complaints about Bug Out 85 showing up today.....hour wait in line to get in, food shortage, water shortage, multiple trophies going to the same person, questionable judging, lack of class structure for awards, etc.

Attendance was half of what he was claiming before the show.
mullinspw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugout 85 Reply with quote

I am a new member here (my wife and I have a 1970 Bus that is in the process of full restoration).

I was pecking around the site and saw this thread about Bugout85 and Krystopher Scott. Thought I would add my experience with him....

My wife and I bought a Beetle from him a few years ago. Drove there, paid partial cash and partial Zelle payments to his wife, and he was supposed to send the car and title to us shortly after. Scott seemed nice and knowledgeable and I was comfortable doing business with him since he was in charge of the Volkswagens in Virginia FB page. So, my guard was low and I made a few rookie mistakes, like not looking at the title prior to paying.

He ended up mailing the title to us under his wife's name on the envelope. I believe this was intentional to keep his name off of everything to do with the transaction. When we opened the envelope and looked at the title we noticed that it did not belong to him and was from another state. He told us to just tell DMV that the person on the title is the one selling the car....

Of course, we didn't do this. We contacted the lady on the title and she said that she had a sentimental attachment to the car (belonged to someone in her family who passed away) so she sent it to Scott to restore.

Long story short, Scott said there were so many problems with the car and talked her into selling it to him dirt cheap. She said she trusted everything he was saying because of his status of being in charge of the large Volkswagens of Virginia page on FB. He got her the same way he got me....

Turns out Scott simply sprayed the car with paint (shoddy work) and quickly flipped it to us without doing any of the work he told the lady that it needed.

Since we hadn't even received the Beetle yet we asked for our money back. He said he had already spent it on his kids, yada yada....

We ended up getting the DMV police involved for Scotts attempt to title jump the vehicle. The DMV police were very helpful in helping us get our money back from him to avoid criminal charges. The whole thing was a mess.

To sum things up....

I believe Scott knew exactly what he was doing by using his wife's Zelle account for payments and then mailing the title to us under her name. I also believe Scott uses his position as the the Admin of Volkswagens of Virginia on FB - and now BugOut - to swindle unsuspecting people.

@swhitcomb the link in your first post did not work. Can you repost or send it to me privately?

Patrick Mullins
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: