Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1967 Karmann Ghia Dash Gauge Sizes
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
HandsomeGhia67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:31 pm    Post subject: 1967 Karmann Ghia Dash Gauge Sizes Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I am restoring a 1967 Karmann Ghia Coupe and needed your help with gauge measurements. I need the measurements of the Speedo, Fuel, and Clock. I believe the fuel gauge is 2 1/16". Can someone confirm that for me?

Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Era Vulgaris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: 1967 Karmann Ghia Dash Gauge Sizes Reply with quote

67 had a one-year-only speedometer. While at first glance it looks just like 68-71, unlike those later years which have four indicator warning lights above the needle, 67 only had a single indicator light above the needle for high beams.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2558191

Clock and fuel are 2 1/16". Speedo is, IIRC, 4 1/4"

Previously owned:
98 Porsche Boxster, silver, 2.5L -- 67 Karmann Ghia, Black, 1500sp -- 98 BMW Z3, Atlanta Blue Metallic, 2.8L I6 -- 75 Porsche 914, Laguna Blue, 2270cc -- 72 Porsche 914, Signal Orange, 1.7 FI -- 74 Karmann Ghia, Black, 1600dp -- 74 Triumph TR6 with O.D., sapphire blue
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
55rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 1967 Karmann Ghia Dash Gauge Sizes Reply with quote

Hello HandsomeGha67,
I'm in OC and not as far along with my Ghia as you are. Can you tell me who you took it to for body and paint?

Thank you,
Jason
18 GTI
Some beat up British bikes
HandsomeGhia67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: 1967 Karmann Ghia Dash Gauge Sizes Reply with quote

55rag wrote:
Hello HandsomeGha67,
I'm in OC and not as far along with my Ghia as you are. Can you tell me who you took it to for body and paint?

Thank you,
Jason

The guy who did my Ghia is in Montclair:

Eddie Jr.
5438 Holt Blvd. Montclair CA 91763
(714) 398-3968
HandsomeGhia67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: 1967 Karmann Ghia Dash Gauge Sizes Reply with quote

Era Vulgaris wrote:
67 had a one-year-only speedometer. While at first glance it looks just like 68-71, unlike those later years which have four indicator warning lights above the needle, 67 only had a single indicator light above the needle for high beams.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2558191

Clock and fuel are 2 1/16". Speedo is, IIRC, 4 1/4"

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!!!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: