Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CSP stainless steel stock style muffler pics and impression
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
1950split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: CSP stainless steel stock style muffler pics and impression Reply with quote

Hi Rustavenger,

How does this CSP competition evo system compare vs a A1 sidewinder or a CSP Python ? Have you had one of those on your engine before to give a comparison ?

I have a CSP python. It is soooo loud that even with noise insulation in the car it gets annoying for longer drives.

I like the competition evo but don't want to give up performance.

My engine : 2276, 86b, 44x38 mid-D heads and IDAs

Any quality issues on the competition evo ?

Thanks,

Phil
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: CSP stainless steel stock style muffler pics and impression Reply with quote

1950split wrote:
Hi Rustavenger,

How does this CSP competition evo system compare vs a A1 sidewinder or a CSP Python ? Have you had one of those on your engine before to give a comparison ?

I have a CSP python. It is soooo loud that even with noise insulation in the car it gets annoying for longer drives.

I like the competition evo but don't want to give up performance.

My engine : 2276, 86b, 44x38 mid-D heads and IDAs

Any quality issues on the competition evo ?

Thanks,

Phil

Phil,
The EVO installation is pretty straight forward. The only issue I had was with the 1/3 lower exhaust fasteners. The exhaust bend is rather tight right off the head. I used m8x10mm hex flare nuts to clear the tubes.
Otherwise, the exhaust was a bolt on deal, no fiddling with ill fitting exhaust flanges.

In the video I posted, The engine at t time was a 2180, Tims S2 heads, 86b.
All you are really hearing in the video, is the roar of the 45 Dellorto's at full throttle. The Jetta I was racing against was completely stock.

CSP designed the EVO exhaust based off the Wasp system. What quiets the exhaust down is the dual muffler system post collector.
When driving the car, it's quieter than the old EMPI cheapy hideaway header and muffler I had originally installed.
We have a 103db noise limit at PIR Saturday night drags. I have never been called out for being too loud. Wink

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
1950split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: CSP stainless steel stock style muffler pics and impression Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you have to remove the mufflers to adjust valve play?

I like the peeshooter look of it.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: CSP stainless steel stock style muffler pics and impression Reply with quote

1950split wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you have to remove the mufflers to adjust valve play?

I like the peeshooter look of it.

Short answer, No.

But it takes 5-10 minutes to remove the mufflers for better access.
Three allen collector flange fasteners, four rubber vibration hangers, and the mufflers are on the ground.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
toxicavenger70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP stainless steel stock style muffler pics and impression Reply with quote

Mug Bug wrote:
To the original poster of this thread........ Now that you've had the CSP for a while, are you still happy with it? Getting ready to order one and thought I would see what you thought first! Thank you.

I really like it. The only thing that I added is I had heater box flanges welded to the muffler.

Bug53 wrote:
I want an exhaust that will come out the back of the car through the pea shooter cut-outs, connect to heater boxes, and offer some flow for a 1900

The CSP does all of this.

Glenn wrote:
67rustavenger wrote:
But the mugbug was asking about the OP's system. Not the CSP EVO Competition system.

The OP was complaining about the welds... I can say that they are really nice on the system I worked on.

On a system that required me to sell my kidneys I would hope it would be perfect. Laughing I did not exactly expect perfect welds on the one I bought.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: