Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pet peeves
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
scottyrocks wrote:
mark tucker wrote:

taste too fishey.

You've blown your cover, using the proper form of the word 'too.'

That's OK--he misspelled "fishy."

He misspelled a lot of stuff. But what are the chances he got 'too' correct by chance?

Hmm, actually, pretty good. Laughing
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Hey, Mark, I hope you're not offended. I love reading your stuff and it gives my eyeballs a workout. I can actually hear 'the voice' behind it.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Cusser wrote:
calvinater wrote:
Pet peeves

Mark Tucker

Marque Tuquer

Porof taht ppoele can raed wrod sldaad if olny the frsit and lsat lrttes are crroect.

YEP!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Just like the new math, we've had new spelling & grammar for years. Can new sign language be far behind?
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

We went to a family owned restaurant we have patronized for over 40 years. We had not been there for over 6 months due mainly to distance. Menu prices had nearly doubled on many of our favorites. They did not experience the severe downturn in business during the pandemic. Gee, I wonder why the substantial increase in prices? Just as I thought, business owners are not going to absorb the additional cost of mandatory wage requirements & they shouldn't. The customer will take it up the tailpipe. I have noticed this a lot since January 1st at various businesses. We bought some new windows 4 years ago to replace those that were on the worst facade of the house. Now, 4 years later I'm looking at an 80% price increase for the identical windows from the same dealer.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Bonesberg55 wrote:
We went to a family owned restaurant we have patronized for over 40 years. We had not been there for over 6 months due mainly to distance. Menu prices had nearly doubled on many of our favorites. They did not experience the severe downturn in business during the pandemic. Gee, I wonder why the substantial increase in prices? Just as I thought, business owners are not going to absorb the additional cost of mandatory wage requirements & they shouldn't. The customer will take it up the tailpipe. I have noticed this a lot since January 1st at various businesses. We bought some new windows 4 years ago to replace those that were on the worst facade of the house. Now, 4 years later I'm looking at an 80% price increase for the identical windows from the same dealer.

If my neighbors making them are now getting a living wage, I’m good with that.
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

The fact is that those that are now making that "living wage" are now also paying those substantially higher prices, so what has been gained? Absolutely nothing, so I'm not okay with it! Their "living wage" does not exist.
hobthebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

But is it still a living wage now that all the other prices have increased, or is 20 bucks an hour just basically the same thing 13.50 was two years ago?
chrisflstf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Calif wants the min wage to be $25/ hour now. Why? Thats their solution to inflation! Laughing
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

hobthebob wrote:
But is it still a living wage now that all the other prices have increased, or is 20 bucks an hour just basically the same thing 13.50 was two years ago?

Exactly! What a great idea, huh? The wheels are always turning with those looking for votes & saps eat it up.
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

chrisflstf wrote:
Calif wants the min wage to be $25/ hour now. Why? Thats their solution to inflation! Laughing

And since Californicator leads the way, the rest will follow like sheep. Illinois is usually the "lead sheep".
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

What evidence do you have that it's from wage increases for their employees?

It could be from the increase in food supply costs or various other business costs.

Heck, Maybe they realized they could charge more and it didn't affect their business.

I don't see how that's a pet peeve, just more grumpy old man stuff
A lot of you guys don't seem to know what that term means.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chrisflstf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Arent dumb decisions that are annoying, pet peeves? I think so
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

It must be coincidental?

A pet peeve is simply something a person finds especially annoying. I find it especially annoying that the recent wage hikes have coincidentally resulted in astronomical price increases. Its not grumpy old man stuff although I'm an old man & this is primarily an old man sight.
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Bonesberg55 wrote:

Owning a food truck, we enjoy the price hikes on all our products. Canola oil for deep frying is triple the price from 2 years ago. Paper products all doubled and the list goes on.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

NJ John wrote:
Owning a food truck, we enjoy the price hikes on all our products. Canola oil for deep frying is triple the price from 2 years ago. Paper products all doubled and the list goes on.

Everyone I know who owns a small retail business or restaurant style business is reeling from their supplier price hikes, and then having to endlessly explain why their prices had to go up as a result - people seriously need to pay attention and not blame them for trying to stay afloat Rolling Eyes

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
Mickey bitsko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Who was it that moaned and complained about higher wages...
The same ones that are moaning and complaining now.. it never ends.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hobthebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

My new pet peeve is when I say wireless router and pronounce it like route 66, or root canal, and BOTH ladies I spoke to on the phone with spectrum internet started a fight with me about it! It's a regional thing, plus the root of the word is route, which is pronounced by most americans as root 66 etc.
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

hobthebob wrote:
My new pet peeve is when I say wireless router and pronounce it like route 66, or root canal, and BOTH ladies I spoke to on the phone with spectrum internet started a fight with me about it! It's a regional thing, plus the root of the word is route, which is pronounced by most americans as root 66 etc.

No finish carpenter I know calls their Router a rooter
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

my59 wrote:
hobthebob wrote:

No finish carpenter I know calls their Router a rooter

Yeah, that's plumber vocabulary!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Page 36 of 62

Jump to: