Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rutherfordton NC
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse action
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:14 am    Post subject: Rutherfordton NC Reply with quote

He guys,
We are Passing thru Rutherfordton ,we are looking to retire and are checking the local areas .any insight on life around here ?
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Rutherfordton NC Reply with quote

one of my daughters & husband& kids live in willmington, they love it. I lived if fayettevill in the early 70's it was a shit hole and still is. My parrents had a chalet in cashiers up on a mountain, that was awesome.sold it 10 years ago, as for the rest of nc...I donut remember much.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Rutherfordton NC Reply with quote

Beautiful area just at the base of the NC mountains.
NC in general is a great state. The only state east of the Mississippi you can drive from the highest mountain, to the shore in a day and never leave the state.
Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Rutherfordton NC Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
The only state east of the Mississippi you can drive from the highest mountain, to the shore in a day and never leave the state.

You might want to qualify that, as there are 15 other states on the east coast where one can do the same.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Rutherfordton NC Reply with quote

my59 wrote:
VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
The only state east of the Mississippi you can drive from the highest mountain, to the shore in a day and never leave the state.

You might want to qualify that, as there are 15 other states on the east coast where one can do the same.

My statement is 100% accurate, Mt Mitchell is the highest point East of the Mississippi .. and NC has its own shore ..
Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Rutherfordton NC Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
my59 wrote:
VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:

My statement is 100% accurate, Mt Mitchell is the highest point East of the Mississippi .. and NC has its own shore ..

Thanks for nailing that down...each state has it's highest point.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: