Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Acapulco Database
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobbylast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Acapulco Database Reply with quote

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zXzSdgg2GUzaWKZ26
Do these look factory for Acapulco thing running boards?
aircool911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Acapulco Database Reply with quote

I owned a legit ACAPULCO, bought from the original owner back in 2001. Wish I'd never sold it. I am about to buy another one.
VIN # 184 2 543 107
Current owner bought 23 years ago in Newport Beach. Its a little rough but will be fun to clean up.
I will keep you posted.
Jay Pearson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Acapulco Database Reply with quote

Does anyone else remember seeing or renting one of these, there were a number of Acapulco's on the road on Oahu Hawaii in the mid 70's? They were clearly rental cars at the time 1975-78 ish you would see them at the tourist stops, Hanauma Bay, Sandy Beach, Makapuu etc. I remember thinking who designed the tops for these VWs, and why that choice of colors. I'm sure someone else remembers and may know what business had them as a rental car. I didn't see them resurface in the "local" market afterwards, wonder what happened to them.
SilverThing Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Acapulco Database Reply with quote

One of my coworkers remembers his family renting one on a vacation to Hawaii when he was young. He didn't remember much detail about them, unfortunately.
yel-mel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Acapulco Database Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here is the proof. This is me in 1975 in Honolulu Hawaii. We rented this Acapulco for a week from Budget ( notice the decal on the side ).
They had blue versions as well as yellow.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: