Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Car maintenance tracking app
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VinnyVanGo2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:45 pm    Post subject: Car maintenance tracking app Reply with quote

Anyone using a phone (iOS) app for recording maintenance schedules and odometer readings.

search the forum and did not find any discussion.
Download a few apps but there are all lacking.

Im looking for something that will record, for example, an oil change data & odometer and then send a reminder based on time and odometer.

Interested in any experience with maintenance tracking apps.
1964 Porsche 356C
1955 MG TF1500
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Car maintenance tracking app Reply with quote

These have been doing the job just fine for well over sixty years: https://oilabel.com/oil-change-stickers/
Wink
VinnyVanGo2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Car maintenance tracking app Reply with quote

That is another approach, more traditional but gets the job done. Will have a look to see if I can get in Australia.

Chris.
1964 Porsche 356C
1955 MG TF1500
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Car maintenance tracking app Reply with quote

I write the mileage for my next oil change on a small piece of masking tape and stick it to the upper left side of my windshield. Been doing that for years

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Car maintenance tracking app Reply with quote

Notebook in each of the 9 fleet with oil change info, tire pressures, radio codes, and service records. Lives in the glove box. Main driver logs and then texts me events. All my oil changes fall on Nx 2500 mile clicks so pretty easy to track.

I write the FCP order number Ithe log for my return credit on filters and consumables
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Car maintenance tracking app Reply with quote

I've been using these for 45 years. No batteries, never needs to be rebooted. 99 cents.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I used to have the little mechanical odometer gizmos to remind me of the next oil change/valve adjustment mileage. This was before the post-it note was invented. Those damn gizmos go for $$$ now! Used to be $2 at Sav-On.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Car maintenance tracking app Reply with quote

Subaru has a website, mysubaru.com, where any dealer work is recorded, where recalls are listed and where YOU can add entries.

I have an ID but I old school... ie 1990s, I have a MS-Word document that I track date, mileage and service done.

Works for me.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Car maintenance tracking app Reply with quote

I'm old, I use a notebook with different tabs for my 6 vehicles.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: