Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Actually, I kinda love this guy… “Truth in advertising”

Laughing

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

^ We drove past that place coming back from Canada in '15 and he had lots of vans. I'd heard about the place for years and think it's worth a look if you're in the area and need a fix.

One shot of many that day.

wesitarz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

There is a MK2 diesel cluster on Ebay (0-100 speedo and 7K tach).Parts or I saw the whole cluster in a vanagon on YouTube.
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

$15k, really. is this where we are at?

and like all old cars.. just needs coolant topped off every few hundred miles...
uhh yeah right..

https://fingerlakes.craigslist.org/cto/d/geneva-classic-vw-campervan-for-sale/7612038095.html

Quote:
I'm moving overseas so sadly I need to part with my old friend.

I bought her in Oregon in 2008 and towed her across the country to the Finger Lakes in 2010. I take her off the road in the winter so she hasn't suffered the salt and road conditions. All maintenance has been performed by CDI in Victor, including engine and transmission overhauls. She runs reliably but like many older vehicles requires coolant to be topped up every few hundred miles. Engine is water cooled.

Body is in good shape with some small rust patches and a dented rear bumper (my Dad accidentally backed into her in the driveway). Pop-top (with canvas in good shape) makes available the extra bed, so you can sleep 4 if you're cozy (two up and two down). Rear seat folds down into a rather comfortable bed, front passenger seat swivels around 180 degrees, and there are two stowable tables.

Comes with sink, potable water tank, and water pump for the faucet. It does have a stove but that hasn't worked in a few years (I think the valve is stuck in the external propane tank). Small refrigerator (electric or propane), surprisingly roomy storage cabinets and shelves, stereo with extra speakers and tape deck (yup, cassettes), comfortable front seats and steering wheel (refurbished by the former owner), top luggage holder, new side mirrors and side sliding door mechanism. External electric and water hook-ups.

She's been on some long trips and hasn't let me down. During the pandemic we explored the Great Lakes, from New York to Michigan and into Canada. People smile and wave at her. Let me know if you'd like to take a look. Price firm

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
$15k, really. is this where we are at?

and like all old cars.. just needs coolant topped off every few hundred miles...
uhh yeah right..

https://fingerlakes.craigslist.org/cto/d/geneva-classic-vw-campervan-for-sale/7612038095.html

and not a single picture of the engine.

BiWerks Design, LLC
outcaststudios
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

"buy my rusty,leaky,dirty van that i tortured some poor mechanic with,by arguing over how expensive it is, and know nothing about it myself, for almost three times its value so i can go explore europe"

Rolling Eyes
(rip)three type III"s
(rip) '81 vanagon
a bunch of french stuff,and 9 motorcycles.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2573791
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

we could really use a thumbs up tag on this forum

outcaststudios wrote:
"buy my rusty,leaky,dirty van that i tortured some poor mechanic with,by arguing over how expensive it is, and know nothing about it myself, for almost three times its value so i can go explore europe"

Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Thumbs Up <-in "View more Emoticons"...maybe a little on the small side
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

FIFY:

danfromsyr wrote:
we could really use a thumbs up DOWN tag on this forum

outcaststudios wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

70k for a 2wd westy in evening wear

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/252679780488186/
VicVan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Only one picture, and you can already see the rust at the bottom of the rocker panel. Promising.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Neglected tintop living in the weeds, "hasn't been started in years," only 15 large.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2642196216079990
leecat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I'd love a spare fridge for parts, but I have to sell my Westy to buy it. Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Escorial Syncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://boulder.craigslist.org/cto/d/longmont-vw-bus-needs-work/7669831403.html

NOT MINE! the best part is "not negotiable on price , don't even ask."

Yes of course.
1974 Honda CL360 Scrambler (for sale!)
Yondermtn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

$40,000

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2646639
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Yondermtn wrote:
$40,000

Holy crap. I think fair market price would be just under 1/2 of asking price. Maybe 18k?. Am I wrong? It’s not like Montana is a hot bed for Vanagon sales either. I hope the seller is right and I’m out of touch with the market, but I don’t see a rush of buyers for this one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
randolph57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Not a whinge or whine but top van IMO- now to check the sofa for any hidden loose change!

https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/volkswagen-...2-216-1788
latelogan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I have never seen the top without the luggage rack before. Are they still available?

randolph57 wrote:
Not a whinge or whine but top van IMO- now to check the sofa for any hidden loose change!

randolph57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

latelogan wrote:
I have never seen the top without the luggage rack before. Are they still available?

randolph57 wrote:

As far as I know on Atlantic models the 'Fang' aerofoil was the standard option with Luggage rack being an extra/option. Mine has the luggage rack but most Atlantics I see have the 'Fang'.
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Yondermtn wrote:
$40,000

A month later the seller's price is down to $28K. The tires look like they have a load rating safe for a Chevy Vega. Check back in a month or two.

87 VW Vanagon with remodeled Price: 28000 obo

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Page 136 of 137

Jump to: