Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for any VW groups in or near the Ukraine
Forum Index -> International Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wookiee_king
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:03 pm    Post subject: Looking for any VW groups in or near the Ukraine Reply with quote

I'm currently preparing to travel to the Ukraine, to join a friend of mine that I served in the Infantry with. He has been on the front line with the militia for 8 months. He says they are in dire need of help with transportation, logistics, and machine repair, and maybe a little bit of pew pew pew if I can remember how to do it. I will be taking a welder and tools since I'm a decent fabricator, and the militia has tons of broken equipment.. Since I will not be working with any specific organization I will be funding this myself. I'd like to buy some kind of bus that does not run, and then purchase a brand new built 2332 stroker for it. I don't really care what condition the bus is in, as long as it will not break in half driving down the road. Are there any Volkswagen groups that can help me sourcing these things? It's hard to do from the states, and I do not want to get ripped off. I lived in the one pictured below. It was originally an ambulance of Switzerland, until a custom coachmaker got their hands on it. Then they installed a pretty awesome camper interior.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for any VW groups in or near the Ukraine Reply with quote

Even if your intentions to help may sound good, Avoid the US tons of grief by not going. We DO NOT need another prisoner rescue/exchange.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wookiee_king
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for any VW groups in or near the Ukraine Reply with quote

People like me, always save their last hand grenade. I don't pray prisoner well. People need help, and I'm going to give it to them. Thank you for your completely unhelpful comment though. I was sure that the VW community would be more helpful than this. Kind of makes me sad, like the VW scene isn't like it was 10 years ago.
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for any VW groups in or near the Ukraine Reply with quote

Can you believe it's almost one moth of your original post and no one cared to reply but me! I stand by my response, and i agree with you, people need help everywhere. just don't let your right hand what your left hand does. Look within your family first.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for any VW groups in or near the Ukraine Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
Look within your family first.
This, for sure! But who knows it may not be an issue
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for any VW groups in or near the Ukraine Reply with quote

MuzzcoVW wrote:
ALLWAGONS wrote:
Look within your family first.
This, for sure! But who knows it may not be an issue

Looks like no one cared. I was more worried about him getting into a predicament...........

Can't save them all.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> International All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: