Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: CdnVWJunkie
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
wolfsburgnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

I've purchased several items from Rob over the last couple of years, including everything from engines to half cuts, and a few vehicles. Rob is very honest, and always strives to make sure that things go well. He goes to great lengths to get hard to find items.

Rob brought in a few vehicles for me last week from Europe. I couldn't be happier with how the process went, and the communication during the process. The vehicles arrived in the same shape they left Europe in, which is quite the feat considering how tough the one was to pack and remove (a VW LT35 German Red Cross vehicle). I will buying lots more stuff from him in the future.

Peter
CdnVWJunkie Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

wolfsburgnut wrote:
I've purchased several items from Rob over the last couple of years, including everything from engines to half cuts, and a few vehicles. Rob is very honest, and always strives to make sure that things go well. He goes to great lengths to get hard to find items.

Rob brought in a few vehicles for me last week from Europe. I couldn't be happier with how the process went, and the communication during the process. The vehicles arrived in the same shape they left Europe in, which is quite the feat considering how tough the one was to pack and remove (a VW LT35 German Red Cross vehicle). I will buying lots more stuff from him in the future.

Peter

Thank you for the kind words Peter. It's been a pleasure to do business with you as well.

For those curious what Peter's most recent acquisitions are:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
fredy_cj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

I recently bought a Bus air cleaner. Type 4 fuel injection unit from Rob.
Very happy with my purch. Would buy from him again.

Thanks,
Fredy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TinCanFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

I bought some gas heater parts from Rob, they are very nice, packed well and shipped fast. Thanks Rob

They're never really ever finished 58 rag build...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=658092
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cwmaupin86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Just received several parts from Rob for our newly purchased '92 EV. Great communication and helpful for a newbie EV owner, very much appreciated!
tkfar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

more than a little concerned about doing business with this guy......sent 3 emails with no response over a 2-3 week period......yes, I checked spam folder....
Danska8es22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Hi the taillight arrived is in almost new condition thank you very much Rob
19BUG70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Great seller to deal with. Looking forward to getting the parts. A+ communication.
1966 Fastback TL
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Bought a set of, NOS Kadron Aluminum dual port manifold kit, from Rob. The transaction went well. Happy with the parts. Smile

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
douglas furdock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Wacked a deer with my 1985 Westy that i drove off of the dealers lot in March of 1986. I was not happy with the fitment and quality of the JD group aftermarket grills that were available. Rob had an NOS 2 headlight grill as well as a very good used lower grill that I was able to purchase from him at a reasonable price. NOS grill for an 85 in 2022, great source.
jeremyrockjock
Samba Towbar Builder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Bought a latch from Rob. Great communication and fair priced and shipping.
70bus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Many attempts to contact; even tried through the ebay auction for part. Nada. Ebay item pulled, part still on Samba.
"If Von Dutch was alive, he'd walk in there with a pistol and shoot these people."
-Robert Williams
fifteenwindow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

I bought a few items from Rob, and it went very smoothly. Great communication, nicely packaged and everything is as described. I will buy from him again.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

fifteenwindow wrote:
I bought a few items from Rob, and it went very smoothly. Great communication, nicely packaged and everything is as described. I will buy from him again.

Thanks Billy!
mcdragracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Great communication, always quick to respond on emails, smooth transaction and very prompt on shipping the part, part was as described, thanks again!
Petercab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Bought a few parts from Rob.
Including a rear brake drum for my 67 bug.
Received a Bus drum…email Rob for a return label and a refund.
Jan 31st.
He has stopped replying to my emails.
April 30th.

Be cautious.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

First off i'm sorry that your feel bad about our transaction.

Facts of "In person" transaction. I emailed this exact email to this person on several occasions.

"Facts:

We exchanged product in person. You inspected the drum yourself. I accept some responsibility but the part error isn't solely mine.

I've never refused your refund- ever.

You've not returned the drum to me.

I do not offer refunds prior to receiving the products back.

Ship the drum back. Once I have it. I will remunerate.

Regards,
Rob "

This is will be my only response to this person/accusation. I am not Amazon. I'm a reasonable person and like to make customers happy but it's a 2 way street.
elopezrx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Very good communication and very well packaged. Easy and smooth transaction. Thank you
WLDHARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Rob is a great guy to deal with...the sliding windows he made fit our Doka perfectly and what a difference they make in air flow. Will definitely do business with him again.
93gsxturbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: CdnVWJunkie - [email protected] - Rob McGill Reply with quote

Paid for Eurovan Dip Stick & Tube on July 4th and after weeks of ignored messages he finally emailed and said he was on vacation and would send it out and never heard back. Finally decided to file a claim through my credit card company to recover my money.

Seems like most have positive experiences with Rob but unfortunately mine was not.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: