Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

J T Garwood's Car of the Century Book
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmwmikep
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: J T Garwood's Car of the Century Book Reply with quote

I wonder when he passed ? I met him back in the late 80ies .
davetaylor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: J T Garwood's Car of the Century Book Reply with quote

For those who wonder, Garwood's obit is online:
http://m.legacy.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx...id=6943138
1980 Porsche 911 SC Targa (sold)
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: J T Garwood's Car of the Century Book Reply with quote

The obit says J R Garwood, while the book author is listed as J T Garwood. Any idea why the diff?
1966 Fiat 1500 Cabrio (with 1600 Twin cam)
1952 Citroen TA 11BL
anywhereanytime
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: J T Garwood's Car of the Century Book Reply with quote

bmwmikep wrote:
Didn't know anyone else knew about these 2 books , I've had then buried in the closet for years now .
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

It's now December 28, 2021 - almost 2022 - an update on these available yet via something like digital PDF?
jlinares
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: J T Garwood's Car of the Century Book Reply with quote

Can I find them online yet?? I shared a 1950 beetle photo in a facebook group of VW owners in Colombia and a guy wrote me showing me his zwitter project and then showed me some pages of the books and wow. Amazing and can’t wait to read them. It’s exactly what I need for my friends’ restoration prohects, 1950 and 1953.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Muthashabubu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: J T Garwood's Car of the Century Book Reply with quote

jlinares wrote:
Can I find them online yet?? I shared a 1950 beetle photo in a facebook group of VW owners in Colombia and a guy wrote me showing me his zwitter project and then showed me some pages of the books and wow. Amazing and can’t wait to read them. It’s exactly what I need for my friends’ restoration prohects, 1950 and 1953.

Here is one copy, reasonably priced compared to many others I have seen:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2503021

No affiliation to the seller, except I have bought from them before and would again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: J T Garwood's Car of the Century Book Reply with quote

To the best of my knowledge the Garwood people will not make them available digitally.

Obviously this would be futile once they online somewhere so really all it takes is someone to scan their existing books and make it available.

I cannot condone this action but it's reality.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sinclair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: J T Garwood's Car of the Century Book Reply with quote

I’m selling a copy of volume 1 no.96

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2564051
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: J T Garwood's Car of the Century Book Reply with quote

I’m holding out for $1 = 2 pounds Sterling, coming soon
sinclair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: J T Garwood's Car of the Century Book Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
I’m holding out for $1 = 2 pounds Sterling, coming soon

Laughing Laughing Laughing Don’t hold your breath, it’s going the other way Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: J T Garwood's Car of the Century Book Reply with quote

sinclair wrote:
I’m selling a copy of volume 1 no.96

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2564051

do you accept petrol or perhaps lurpak butter as cash equivalent? Laughing

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
clockworkbox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: J T Garwood's Car of the Century Book Reply with quote

Did anyone ever get the PDF version of this? There are no paper copies for sale anywhere at any price and Progressive Refinements only goes to '67...
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: J T Garwood's Car of the Century Book Reply with quote

clockworkbox wrote:
Did anyone ever get the PDF version of this? There are no paper copies for sale anywhere at any price and Progressive Refinements only goes to '67...

I don't think a PDF was ever made, and the ebook is *way* out of DRM availability, now. They do come up fairly regularly, but at *very* high prices. Any particular information you are looking for? I can copy pages and e-mail them to you.
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: J T Garwood's Car of the Century Book Reply with quote

clockworkbox wrote:

None that would be admitted on a public message board!

It's copyrighted and not our property.
clockworkbox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: J T Garwood's Car of the Century Book Reply with quote

harrymarlin wrote:
clockworkbox wrote:

I don't think a PDF was ever made, and the ebook is *way* out of DRM availability, now. They do come up fairly regularly, but at *very* high prices. Any particular information you are looking for? I can copy pages and e-mail them to you.

Thanks but I am putting a '68 body on a '69 pan and I was just hoping to see the parts interchange between them. I know swing axle to IRS and different heater channels but I think there are differences in the wiper motor and/or arms and not sure of any other changes in the electrical system. Heat ducting is different too. Probably more than just a page or two.
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: J T Garwood's Car of the Century Book Reply with quote

clockworkbox wrote:
Thanks but I am putting a '68 body on a '69 pan and I was just hoping to see the parts interchange between them. I know swing axle to IRS and different heater channels but I think there are differences in the wiper motor and/or arms and not sure of any other changes in the electrical system. Heat ducting is different too. Probably more than just a page or two.

I'll work on getting you something this weekend if you PM me your email address.
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
clockworkbox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: J T Garwood's Car of the Century Book Reply with quote

harrymarlin wrote:
clockworkbox wrote:

I'll work on getting you something this weekend if you PM me your email address.

Thank you, you are appreciated!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: