Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Terryville CT Bug-a-Fair - June 18 2023
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
junie5047
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:14 pm    Post subject: Terryville CT Bug-a-Fair - June 18 2023 Reply with quote

30th Annual Bug-A-Fair will be held at the Terryville Fairgrounds, Town Hill Road on Fathers day from 9am to 3pm. 40 Show Car classes with 1st-3rd Place awards for both aircooled and watercooled VWs plus Special Choice awards and Best of Show trophies totaling over 140 awards! Car registration opens at 9am, judging starts at 12 noon and awards at 3pm. The show also has a huge swap meet with over 75 vendors selling used and new VW items. Food all day Sunday provided by the Terryville Lions Club. Camping Saturday night for those who want to get a jump on the festivities. All proceeds go to the Terryville Lions Club. Directions: Route 6 Scott Road in Terryville, Ct. then two miles to Terryville Fairgrounds, 171 Town Hill Rd. For more info go to www.ctvwa.org or contact: Bill Arute 860-395-9964, [email protected] or Jeff McBride [email protected]

-New RULES this Year-----------------------------------
* All Show Cars must enter show under it's own power. No show car will be allowed in under tow, on a flat bed, or trailer. No Exceptions!!!

* No Trailers will be allowed in the show car entrance. Please unload your show vehicle in the spectator parking lot area and drive your VW into the show. We need all the extra space we can get for the show plus it's for your safety and ours. Thank you for your cooperation!

* Saturday Night Early Swap Meet Set-ups. Vendors who want to set up the night before must preregister with Bill Arute (860)395-9964 or [email protected]. Cost for early set up is $100 for swap space plus $35 for camping (includes electrical hook-up). No vendor after 9:pm Saturday will be allow in swap area. No Exceptions!!!

https://facebook.com/events/s/terryville-bug-a-fair-2023/517925923818024/?mibextid=RQdjqZ

ctvwa

Last edited by junie5047 on Tue May 09, 2023 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
volkybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT Bug-a-fair june 18 2023 Reply with quote

I can't wait..Best show in the northeast...People from all over the country & beyond. The officall kickoff show of the Great Northeast. ME.NH,VT NY Ct,Ma,RI NJ Pa,CANADA,MD & BEYOND. BE THERE OR BE Square...Bill VT & PR
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT Bug-a-Fair - June 18 2023 Reply with quote

Just to confirm, swap meet vendor space is $35.?

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
junie5047
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT Bug-a-Fair - June 18 2023 Reply with quote

$30 for a 20’ spot ,it may say $35 somewhere but it is $30

ctvwa
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT Bug-a-Fair - June 18 2023 Reply with quote

junie5047 wrote:
$30 for a 20’ spot ,it may say $35 somewhere but it is $30

Thanks for the update.

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
The Blue Max
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT Bug-a-Fair - June 18 2023 Reply with quote

What time on Saturday do the gates open for camping?
junie5047
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT Bug-a-Fair - June 18 2023 Reply with quote

The Blue Max wrote:
What time on Saturday do the gates open for camping?

2 pm

ctvwa
HoboBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT Bug-a-Fair - June 18 2023 Reply with quote

I plan to leave the 495/290 interchange area in MA on Saturday about 11 am. Stopping on 84 in Vernon CT at Rein’s NY Style Deli for lunch on the way down.

If anyone feels like a group convoy. Cool

Just a beach-oriented camping Hobo with a bus.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT Bug-a-Fair - June 18 2023 Reply with quote

weather guessers saying possibility of rain like hell on saturday and clear for sunday, with rain late afternoon.

really on the fence now.....

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
HoboBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT Bug-a-Fair - June 18 2023 Reply with quote

Unfortunately I’m going to pass also. Sad

Forecast is for thunderstorms all day Saturday and all night Saturday night. Then more thunderstorms Sunday night driving home.

I ain’t delicate, but that’s a lot of rain. I can take the time and do some inside projects that need to get done. I’ll focus on the West River Westies trip next month!

Just a beach-oriented camping Hobo with a bus.
OldVolks67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT Bug-a-Fair - June 18 2023 Reply with quote

HoboBus wrote:
Unfortunately I’m going to pass also. Sad

Forecast is for thunderstorms all day Saturday and all night Saturday night. Then more thunderstorms Sunday night driving home.

I ain’t delicate, but that’s a lot of rain. I can take the time and do some inside projects that need to get done. I’ll focus on the West River Westies trip next month!

Is there information on west river westies somewhere? I couldn’t seem to find it.

1966 Dove Blue home grown camper. “FakeFalia”
Moved on;
1986 Vanagon weekender
1967 13 window “un-deluxe”
1972 Westfalia
1967 Little red Bug
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT Bug-a-Fair - June 18 2023 Reply with quote

I'll be there! A little liquid sunshine isn't a big deal Laughing
( of course I won't be sleeping at the show..)

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT Bug-a-Fair - June 18 2023 Reply with quote

What the rain date? if the show is cancelled on Sunday?

02/76 Beetle sedan
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT Bug-a-Fair - June 18 2023 Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
I'll be there! A little liquid sunshine isn't a big deal Laughing
( of course I won't be sleeping at the show..)

well, forecast changed...surprise surprise Laughing

possible showers today (Saturday) and a quick shower overnight and its out by 1-2 am

dry and nice tomorrow (Sunday) might be a bit overcast but overall a decent day.

I'm packing now.

I mean, some of us remember tent city before it became a thing. Should be a typical LFBI weekend weather wise

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
junie5047
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT Bug-a-Fair - June 18 2023 Reply with quote

Weathermen we’re wrong forecast looks good for sat night and sunday

ctvwa
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT Bug-a-Fair - June 18 2023 Reply with quote

A little rain is not a big deal (had great swap meets in days with light rain) and as others have said the weather guessers are saying better and better every forecast.

I am loaded and will be doing keys as always. Will be there bright and early in the morning.
vwsplitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT Bug-a-Fair - June 18 2023 Reply with quote

No rain today at all. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EasternNotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT Bug-a-Fair - June 18 2023 Reply with quote

Heading to Terryville early tomorrow AM in my squareback!
1969 Fastback
1989 Doka AFN TDI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Terryville CT Bug-a-Fair - June 18 2023 Reply with quote

We just finished emptying the bus from catering a wedding.
First time I've bowed out on the afterparty so I can get some sleep as tomorrow will be way more fun!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: