Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

DNA evidence
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

Xargaret, yes get onto either Ancestry, 23andme and I see many others. As I understand males & females show different data making the history complete. As we age especially very small family’s it becomes more important. Good luck finding your cousin.

Emily's Owner wrote:
Zeen wrote:

... My cousin signed up for one of those, I guess you have to opt in to agree to share your connections with the world and the world share theirs with you. There was nothing quite as dramatic as six new grandkids, but lot's of hanky panky and interesting bits. People not being related to their lifelong "father", parents turning out to be aunt and uncle, etc. And here with thought the baby boomers invented extramarital sex. Laughing

Hmmm, we have a lost cousin in the world somewhere, as we found out that my grandparents made my dad's sister give up her baby (it was the mid-70's and she was unmarried, but 30 and a teacher, so wtf?) unbeknownst to us all. She passed of a glioblastoma 5 years later.

My grandfather mentioned it in passing to my uncle years after my grandma had passed, and my uncle, who was a bit gobsmacked as neither grandparent had bothered to say anything (done and dusted in their minds) to the rest of us, let us all know. This cousin would be the only male as we're all girls on my dad's side. I should sign up.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

Awesome news! Roll with it Zund! Life has a way of giving what you need, when you need it the most, in the oddest ways! Not sure how that fits into your life, but I am sure it does. Enjoy the new experiences and consume the excitement! You are off into a grand adventure!

Have fun, live well, love deeply and be open to new experiences!

If you have a free moment, hit me up. Long Beach is not far away at all!

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
yikes I hope you dont get hit with back child support!! justkidding this is awesome!! ( we have 6 kids&12 or more grand kids that I know of) I reckon your fireing order 1432 was fireing on all 4 back in the 70's!!! I wonder witch one needs a kidney..... is her mother still around?

Yes she is alive and I’ve talked to her too. It’s scary because we couldn’t remember what we were fighting about and we are back to being those kids we were, although older wiser. Like a scene from when Harry met Sally. This situation is like a movie on Lifetime channel for women, but I’m gonna roll with it. They aren’t in LB anymore moved up to San Bernardino where all the crazy snow hit yesterday. I’ve been talking to mother and daughter for hours trying to see through their eyes. It’s gonna take awhile to bridge a gap of 42 years. My wife is cool with all this. We are gaining a family and they are too. Daughter waited 42 years to find her biological dad. That’s cool all by itself..
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Daughter waited 42 years to find her biological dad. That’s cool all by itself..

Yes it is! Thats awesome.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

Does your new daughter drive a Volswagen?
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

heimlich wrote:
Does your new daughter drive a Volswagen?

I don’t think so but being from So Cal they’ve seen this all their lives. Old girlfriend told me she drives a Prius and i admitted I had one too. I was talking to her Saturday and sent her a picture of me and a buddy stripping an old type3 for parts. I also showed a picture of me standing next to my yellow 74 bug. All in good time I’ll bring on the VWs
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
Wow!, I'm not sure how I'd handle that, good luck with the meet up!

you wouldn't have to if you didn't spit in a cup and send it off to a database

congrats (i think?)

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

I am so happy that this unexpected reunion gone so well so far. Z do you have any kids with your current wife? I am glad that your wife is so willing to be a part of this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
It’s scary because we couldn’t remember what we were fighting about…

BS. If you’ve ever been blindsided by that “you did this 20 years ago…” in an argument, you know she remembers. Whatever it was, was bad enough (maybe just the fact that you left) that she decided that you shouldn’t be part of raising her child. The fact that you don’t remember, justifies it.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

BS. If you’ve ever been blindsided by that “you did this 20 years ago…” in an argument, you know she remembers. Whatever it was, was bad enough (maybe just the fact that you left) that she decided that you shouldn’t be part of raising her child. The fact that you don’t remember, justifies it.

We agreed now that whatever differences we had then are insignificant now and I don’t need to justify our intimate details to the likes of you. So go easy you don’t have all the information but in the end it’s all gonna come out in the wash.

At first I just wanted to run out there and grab some life I had 43 years ago but after talking we realized it’s gonna take time because some family members have been deceived. This is one of the most difficult situations I’ve ever been in. I keep going back to the girl who never knew her biological father. She opened a door and I was there, she is at peace finally. 😀
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

We agreed now that whatever differences we had then are insignificant now and I don’t need to justify our intimate details to the likes of you. So go easy you don’t have all the information but in the end it’s all gonna come out in the wash.

That wasn’t meant as a slight against you, & I wasn’t asking you for intimate details or justifications of them. Hopefully you’re more diplomatic in your communications with your ex & new found family.

Good luck.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

At first I just wanted to run out there and grab some life I had 43 years ago but after talking we realized it’s gonna take time because some family members have been deceived. This is one of the most difficult situations I’ve ever been in. I keep going back to the girl who never knew her biological father. She opened a door and I was there, she is at peace finally. 😀

I wish you well in this new path in your journey. There will be surprises , both good and reflective , but your attitude portends positivity. Thanks for sharing and best wishes
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

This is the stuff movies are made of. Sounds like this one has all the marks of a good ending.

I must admit though that I did date several young ladies in my youth and yes I absolutely know the reason for parting with every one of them even today. I am the sort that takes every friendship seriously though, maybe too much so sometimes. I have kept in touch with most of them over the years too and a couple of them are like sisters to me today.

At any rate, whatever happened 43 years ago, happened to two different people than you both are today. Funny how life's experiences makes us into a different person. The fact that you are communicating today for the good of the next 2 generations is awesome! Happy times to you all!
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

You probably left the toilet seat up.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

it's good she is at peace now.and that you were man enough to do that( sadly there are some that are not).
my neighbor kid 27 years old, lives with his mom, wemm om lives with him as grandmaw gave the house & everything to him. and mom moved in promptly..not a good situation over there...but "mom" is not his mom, but he dosent know it.she is his aunt..I doubt he will ever know the truth.and he was not really realted to the grandmaw that gave him everythiung when she died...she also raised him even though he was given to his aunt when he was a baby. she was always working , and he was always there at grandmaws.his dad died when he was about 14. grandmaw said his "mom" killed her son( "MOMS" husband) told me his real mom was defective&on drugs up north,so baby was sent hear...like I said it's a mess. Im gladd to hear your situation is much better, much much better. keep up the good relations its' much better for everybody. dont harp on "why" you have them now. we all do stuff.some stupider than other.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

OB Bus wrote:
I am so happy that this unexpected reunion gone so well so far....... I am glad that your wife is so willing to be a part of this.

Having met Mrs. Z (albeit, it was only for dinner and drinks a few years ago), it does not amaze me that she tolerates Z's "life story". She is a nice lady. Very Happy
Evil Clown
Live

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

Anyone heard from Z Shocked

Quote:
I'll take a Happy Meal with Prozac please

Quote:
kiss my airy VW ass

Quote:
German word for constapation:
Farfrompoopin

Quote:
Chinese word for constipation:
Hung Chow Chow.. & it was GR8!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

Too busy enjoying the new kids!!
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

eye hope sew.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: DNA evidence Reply with quote

Evil Clown wrote:
Anyone heard from Z Shocked

Maybe someone needs to file a missing person report? Laughing

I have had many deployments when I was young in the military. Oh goodness to think about that kind of stuff - an unknown child.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: