Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

KDF-WAGEN brochure and a manual for drivers in Germany
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
robbo63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 2:03 pm    Post subject: KDF-WAGEN brochure and a manual for drivers in Germany Reply with quote

Hi all,
I've been offered a KDF- Wagen brochure along with A manual for Drivers in Germany. The KDF brochure has rusty staples a 30mm tear at the spine and has ink translations written on some pages and has been folded along its length. The driving in Germany booklet is printed by the British army of the Rhine, issued to assist drivers learning the German highway code in the British sector.
He has given them to me and said make an offer for the KDF brochure and you can have the other one. Looking for a reasonable value in £UK for this thanks
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: KDF-WAGEN brochure and a manual for drivers in Germany Reply with quote

not an easy question to answer as there are several factors involved. assuming it is an original, and not the 80s reprint, then it does have some historical value but then there were a large number printed so it is not really as rare as some vendors make out. there is also the fact that it has been annotated and folded which could reduce its value to some collectors. basically it boils down to how much you would like it balanced against how much (you think) your friend would accept as a fair deal - are they realistic or do they assume it's rare/nazi/vw therefore high value? prices are all over the place but I see that one sold via 'automobilia ladenburg' last summer for 61euros and had a reserve of 50. so I would be thinking of £50-80 with perhaps some of their 'tipple of choice' Wink
the driving booklet is interesting and a nice throw-in but has little monetary value (sub £10 on ebay)

caveat - this is merely my opinion

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
robbo63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: KDF-WAGEN brochure and a manual for drivers in Germany Reply with quote

Hi Finster,
thankyou for your reply, I agree with your points, I know that literature has to be mint to command any value, the neighbour is not after a large amount, I thought about £50 myself, but if it was worth a lot more I would tell him to sell elsewhere. I'm not really into the driving booklet, nice to think whoever had it would be driving an army Beetle when he got there, no VW pics in the book obviously. Just need to check if he is a beer or wine man then, much appreciate your opinion.
cheers
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: KDF-WAGEN brochure and a manual for drivers in Germany Reply with quote

I was thinking it would be a dram of the water of life! Wink

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: