Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who drove their bug today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
Cusser wrote:
I drove my 1971 Convertible, topless of course.

About 75F on way to senior softball, 85F a few hours later: nice !!! 1835cc engine zoom zoom.

You mean we're supposed to take and post photos where we've gone?????

Ain't gonna happen for me !!!

You get a pass, Cusser, I know those old flip phones are tough to work with!! Laughing

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mg50 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Drove my orange super beetle to look at an orange Karmann Ghia for sale. Rusted out floor pan areas and troublesome transmission made me say no. But body and interior were not bad, including a no-hit nose.

engine rebuild: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=775424&highlight=
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

vamram wrote:
You get a pass, Cusser, I know those old flip phones are tough to work with!! Laughing

If I take a photo on the flip phone, I'd need to use a USB connector and copy the file to my computer, then upload on the computer to post here.

If I use my digital camera, I still need to upload the file to the computer to do same.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
slayer61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

To Bug-O-Rama in Sacramento this past weekend. Both Saturday & Sunday. Early enough to beat the line & get a good parking spot.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

... Most folks are idiots when it deals with electrical !!!

67rustavenger wrote:

3/4 race cam? What's missing, one of the lobes? Shocked

Paul

'68 Manx clone... Sears??
2276 built on AS21 case
W-125 w/ GB 1.25:1 rockers
Mahle forged pistons
CB 4340 crank
CB H beam rods
deep sump
44 HPMX
EMPI GTV 2 STG II wedge ports
CB Magna spark
1 5/8 merged collector w/ hater stinger
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Cruise around the Hudson Valley hills, this one thru a stretch of Mill Street toward Mohegan.

Link

Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Me again. Drove to Bucks County PA Saturday a.m., then Sunday a.m. bright and early to the June Bug Classic 2023 at the Maple Grove Raceway. Great show as far as cars, and I was able to pick up a few much needed original parts, including a NOS muffler for my '73, a replacement turn signal assembly, the bushing plate to fix the Hurst shifter on my '74, an owner's manual for my '75 Le Grande, and a few other little things. Oh, and there were I'm SURE over 300 ACVWs at this show, plus all of the H20 ones. And here's some proof!!

Following that, 185 miles back across Bear Mountain. This afternoon after work, 300 miles back home to No.VA.

Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
Big Bull Shooter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

After owning this bug for 5 years, I finally took it out of home range today to Valemount, BC, for their Valemount Days Show n Shine. It was a small turn out, but I had fun and saw some beautiful vehicles. I had the engine rebuilt this winter, and this was its first test, driving 250 kms @ 110kph through the mountains. I even blew by a few motor homes! This 68 Bronco was a nut and bolt, mild custom/resto - very well done.

Smokey says.... only you can prevent Bug fires!
zerotofifty
May 16, 2023
Big Bull Shooter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I may not drive the bug today, unless it warms up and melts the snow away.
Update: I drove it around back and into the garage. Trees are coming down all over the place, and there's a big weeping birch tree from the neighbours yard hovering over the bug.

zerotofifty
May 16, 2023
MountainBeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Big Bull Shooter wrote:
I've been doing the break-in on my rebuilt engine, and making sure everything is working great. Had a nice test drive up to Medicine Lake last evening.

Do you have any other shots of the Beetle at Medicine Lake? It’s really picturesque!
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
Cusser wrote:
I drove my 1971 Convertible, topless of course.

About 75F on way to senior softball, 85F a few hours later: nice !!! 1835cc engine zoom zoom.

You mean we're supposed to take and post photos where we've gone?????

Ain't gonna happen for me !!!

But we expect topless photos! Laughing Dancing
Big Bull Shooter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I drove 150 km round trip to Hinton, Alberta yesterday to pick up a year of manufacture vintage plate for my bug, and stock up on some general supplies. The fellow that I bought the plate from told me about a nice old bug in the area. After a 20 minute search, I found it. I got out to check it out, and could hear voices coming from the garage. As I approached the garage, I could see a 71 Super and 64 convertible bug inside. I ended up meeting two great guys and chatted with them for at least half an hour. Another enthusiast saw the commotion and stopped by as well. Great to meet you Grant, Brent, and Wes! This is Grant's 60 or 66?

zerotofifty
May 16, 2023
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Drove 300+ miles to Hudson Valley/Bear Mountain yesterday. It was a *hot* one for sure!

Link

Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
PuddleRainbow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Bug trip ‘23.
If your a regular to this topic you may have seen selected pictures from ‘21 (NJ-Big Bend, TX) and ‘22 (NJ-Glacier, Yellowstone, Badlands NP’s). I got a new job so I could only take a week so I’m right now on final couple days of 9 day 4000mi+ NJ-Labrador via Quebec trip with the boy. Here are selected pics with no explanation and out of order. My takeaway this year is when Montana says it’s “big sky country” and Texas sez “everything’s bigger here,” Canada chuckles and says “bless your heart.”

Manac-5, got to go inside. Air actuated Ball valves as big as your garage control 300ft of head pressure to turbines

Manac-2, got tour saw 170,000 hp ac generator with 21ft rotor spin at 150mph to create 750,000v @ 60htz

No moose seen

Manac-2 on tour day.

Good chicken

Above ground gas Chuchill fall NL

Next to Accelor iron ore mine in Quebec so big that human mind can’t comprehend

242 miles from Goose Bay to next town over Cartwright NL. We prob have made it. Maybe. 3 miles out of town.

Cartwright

Lots of this. Not exaggerating probably over 200miles of gravel highway. Look up QC 389 and trans lab engineering marvels.

More dust

Many of these. Can haul @60+mph on most gravel. Better than 98.5% of Jersey paved rds.

Ferry in QC 138

Fun trip. No issues. Bugs are gravel beasts.

[/u]
kpf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

PuddleRainbow wrote:
Bug trip ‘23.

Very impressive! Thank you for sharing!

Do you stay in hotels or camp?
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

kpf wrote:
PuddleRainbow wrote:
Bug trip ‘23.

Amazing!!! If only I had that kind of time off! There's a chance my younger son would accompany, but not guaranteed.

In the meantime, yesterday I went to a very cool weekly car show up here at the Bear Mountain Inn - Lodge. I was one of 2 Bugs there, some very cool American beauties there. I would have traded my '73 for the Javelin...heh heh, I have 2 more Supers at home, so why not??

Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
PuddleRainbow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

kpf wrote:
PuddleRainbow wrote:
Bug trip ‘23.

Hotels. We brought some basic gear alas I’m pretty soft. The boy was fine but I was wrecked after each day. The hotels past Quebec City pretty basic not much tourist traffic. Many adv type bikes at Manic-5. Didn’t see many past that. The amount of gravel would be tough for the 700lb beasts. At least for me.
mollymud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Took my dog for a quick ride in the very early morning. AZ heat.

I just bought my Super Beetle last week. I'm trying to learn how this site works. I'm really struggling. I apoligize if I post incorrectly.

Do all pictures have to be 54 mb?

On the bottom left hand corner under Options; should the HTML be off or on?

I've reached out to some classified posts but I'm not getting a response...how do I know if the seller received my message?

Thanks for any assistance
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Hello, mollymud! Welcome to theSamba and to current VW Beetle ownership. You have a very attractive Cabrio.

As to posting photos- when you attempt to add a photo, there's an explanation paragraph at lower left:
- Max. image size 8 (eight) Mb. Your "54" question is WAAAY too large.
- Max. pixel size length and height: 1600 each.
From my experience, the best picture format is jpeg.
After you hit the "submit" button, it can take a few seconds for the image and any text to appear. Don't be tempted to hit submit right away if you don't see a post change. If you do see a double-post, you can go back into your response in the thread, use the "edit" button at upper right, then select the "delete" button.

I work only from a home computer and never from a cellphone for adding photos or Samba responses. You can see the print in your response much clearer, and first check your response in "preview" to check for misspellings, etc before you submit. But so many of the younger generation (I'm over 60) are more comfortable working with their cell phones for this. Though it's annoying to see screen shots here that are obviously uploaded from phones where there is a large black section above and below the photos, due to the photos being taken in "portrait" mode and not filling the screen.

You may be interested in a Forum thread that fits your photo theme above: Dogs and VWs... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187676&highlight=
radstude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

PuddleRainbow wrote:
Bug trip ‘23.
If your a regular to this topic you may have seen selected pictures from ‘21 (NJ-Big Bend, TX) and ‘22 (NJ-Glacier, Yellowstone, Badlands NP’s). I got a new job so I could only take a week so I’m right now on final couple days of 9 day 4000mi+ NJ-Labrador via Quebec trip with the boy. Here are selected pics with no explanation and out of order. My takeaway this year is when Montana says it’s “big sky country” and Texas sez “everything’s bigger here,” Canada chuckles and says “bless your heart.”

Manac-5, got to go inside. Air actuated Ball valves as big as your garage control 300ft of head pressure to turbines

Manac-2, got tour saw 170,000 hp ac generator with 21ft rotor spin at 150mph to create 750,000v @ 60htz

No moose seen

Manac-2 on tour day.

Good chicken

Above ground gas Chuchill fall NL

Next to Accelor iron ore mine in Quebec so big that human mind can’t comprehend

242 miles from Goose Bay to next town over Cartwright NL. We prob have made it. Maybe. 3 miles out of town.

Cartwright

Lots of this. Not exaggerating probably over 200miles of gravel highway. Look up QC 389 and trans lab engineering marvels.

More dust

Many of these. Can haul @60+mph on most gravel. Better than 98.5% of Jersey paved rds.

Ferry in QC 138

Fun trip. No issues. Bugs are gravel beasts.

[/u]

Wow! Very Jealouus, wish I could get again!
2002 VW Mexican Bug 1600i
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

If you are taking photos directly from your camera you may need to reduce those in size first before you load them to TheSamba. Then you can load them.

mollymud wrote:
Took my dog for a quick ride in the very early morning. AZ heat.

I just bought my Super Beetle last week. I'm trying to learn how this site works. I'm really struggling. I apoligize if I post incorrectly.

Do all pictures have to be 54 mb?

On the bottom left hand corner under Options; should the HTML be off or on?

I've reached out to some classified posts but I'm not getting a response...how do I know if the seller received my message?

Thanks for any assistance

5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Jump to:
Page 101 of 109

Jump to: