Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Turn signal issues
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
19VDuB68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 1:07 pm    Post subject: Turn signal issues Reply with quote

HELP..... My front turn signals work fine until driving lights and headlights are on,when on they just light up. Rear no issues. Brand New wiring whole car last year only thing not changed was fuse box.

EDIT: Also what's weird is 4th fuse blew then drivers side worked replace the fuse back to just on no blinking.
itsawesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn signal issues Reply with quote

sounds like a bad earth on your driving light & headlight circuit - they're earthing through the turn signal bulbs which is why they are lit.

check your earth at your headlights
2003 911
www.hertfordshirevehiclestorage.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
19VDuB68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn signal issues Reply with quote

Will do thank you.
19VDuB68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn signal issues Reply with quote

Checked grounds all seem fine. If I pull fuse 3 and 4 both work perfectly. Replace they quit again.
19VDuB68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn signal issues Reply with quote

My headlight switch went out and I got this one. I am wondering if it's wired wrong what goes to X?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Dwighia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn signal issues Reply with quote

Hey, I have the same problem with my front turn signals not working when the headlights are on. Everything else works fine.
Was this issue ever resolved?
Any ideas?
Thanks
1968 Ghia Convertible.
If you dismantle a VW engine and reassemble it enough times, will you end up with enough extra parts for another engine?
SandHamwich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn signal issues Reply with quote

Check the sockets to make sure the electrodes aren’t crossing and also that you have a proper dual filament bulb in there. I had a single filament bulb in one side and it caused the craziest electrical issues.
Dwighia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn signal issues Reply with quote

Thank you for your suggestions.
Yes I have the correct bulbs and contacts are clean. All the bulbs work fine and flash on both turn signals and emergency flasher. However, the front flasher bulbs just don't work when the headlights are on.

But I did clean one of the ground connections between a screw in the trunk that leads to the clock. As a result of either that or me wiggling enough wires, I now have blinkers on the right side.
But unfortunately not on the left (again, only when the headlights are on)
Any other ideas?
Thanks,
Dwight
If you dismantle a VW engine and reassemble it enough times, will you end up with enough extra parts for another engine?
19VDuB68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Turn signal issues Reply with quote

Mine was I had led bulbs in rear. I put regular bulbs back in and they work. Not sure why I have a led flasher relay. With original relay and the led bulbs it all worked but the rear turn signals were super slow. Not sure why it's not working with new relay.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: