Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Those P-1077 clips in the engine compartment...
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VanGeek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 12:22 pm    Post subject: Those P-1077 clips in the engine compartment... Reply with quote

While removing the air intake, filter, and washer fluid reservoir in my 2001 weekender I found some clips used to retain wiring harnesses and washer fluid lines that had become brittle and/or broken. The clips have an audi symbol and the number P-1077 on them.

I designed a replacement that seems to work well. I used a TPU filament and printed with 35% infill which keeps them mostly rigid but allows for some flex as well (like the originals). It still press-fits over the threaded studs that were used to retain the originals, and does the job. Although they look slightly different they are similar dimensions.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If you have a 3d printer or access to one through a friend or your local library, I've posted the stl files here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6055182
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Those P-1077 clips in the engine compartment... Reply with quote

Nice work! Thanks for sharing both the pictures and the STL files! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: