Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Make of buggy.
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Booky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 6:28 pm    Post subject: Make of buggy. Reply with quote

How do I determine the maker of a dune buggy a friend has?
YDBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Make of buggy. Reply with quote

start here:
http://www.dunebuggyarchives.com/
'64 baja
'60 dune buggy
'73 Personenkraftwagen Type 182 "Thing"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Make of buggy. Reply with quote

... and follow up by posting pictures here. With members from around the country and around the world someone might recognize it.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Make of buggy. Reply with quote

It's interesting to know the make but in my view if it's not a genuine Manx then there is little value in knowing what else it is. Just another copy, fix it how you like, drive it and enjoy it.
Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Make of buggy. Reply with quote

I posted photo of my unknow buggy on DNA. Didn't take long before it was identified as a Mod-t Shrinner made by Dolphin Industries in Pompano Beach FL. I've found maybe 4 or 5 others. Mine is a 4 seater with a Mod T grille and boat tail closed rear. They also made a conventional Manx like buggy called the Peanut. I've found no other info on the company!
Stinky123
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Make of buggy. Reply with quote

Look for a "vin" plate on it....possibly under the hood
vanderjw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Make of buggy. Reply with quote

I find it kind of fun to determine the make of these old bodies. Post pics. I had a Michigan made body that no one could figure out. Now I have a Berrien but cant buy anything from them because John Mickle the owner of Berrien Buggy stole $1889 dollars on my credit card and I received no parts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Make of buggy. Reply with quote

Damn, Shocked was this when they were in Mi.?
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
vanderjw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Make of buggy. Reply with quote

No December of 2022 order. Gave a deposit got nothing. I will start a new thread soon.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: