Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cal style vs American style seals
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
marc_music_mich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:52 am    Post subject: Cal style vs American style seals Reply with quote

I am shopping on CIP1 for windshield seals and rear hatch window seal and I found that there is 2 styles?

What is the difference between the Cal Style and American style seals? Any pictures? Thought on what is better (longevity the product, ease of installation, look etc...)?

I don't want a show room bus... I'm more of a "do what you want without crying if I have a little scratch" kinda of person. So no need for fancy stuff!

1975 Westfalia Bus (her name is Clementine)

New bus owner
Not a mechanic and trying to learn!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sodbuster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Cal style vs American style seals Reply with quote

Cal style means "Cal look." which means no slots in the rubber for chrome trim. Part of the "Cal Look" is dechroming by reoving chrome trim.

American style means you have the provisions to install the chrome trim on the window rubber as delivered by VW to north America. That is how I understand it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: