Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Andrigs Evolution2- cooling system
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 1:39 am    Post subject: Andrigs Evolution2- cooling system Reply with quote

Soo I was thinking like always 🤔 😅 and than it got to me after seeing andrigs cooling system....his cooing system maybe a so called new idea but technically it's not his cooing system is what peter max muller engine type 367 had in 1947 or so ...so my point is if vintage speed is about ideas from the past/ parts would this andrigs cooling system Qualify in vintage speed its basically two fans together..... link to the peter max muller race car and andrigs cooling system its a Similar design 👇👇👇👇
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2657406

Last edited by [email protected] on Sun May 26, 2024 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Andrigs cooling system Reply with quote

Discussed here: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=755888&highlight=andrigs

Member #1009

#BlueSquare

עַם יִשְׂרָאֵל חַי
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: Andrigs Evolution2- cooling system Reply with quote

Unlocked at the request of the OP as it relates to the Andrigs Evolution2.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Andrigs Evolution2- cooling system Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
Unlocked at the request of the OP as it relates to the Andrigs Evolution2.

That link discusses the Gen 2 also, just skip forward to page 16.

vamram wrote:
Anybody seen that he redesigned the fan?

vamram wrote:
In case folks didn't know, andrigs abandoned this fan design. I've pinged him a couple of times on FB to see if he'll credit towards his new design - which is basically lake the stock fan with some mods. No reply. He goes into design details on his FB page, including his decision to ditch this design.

So those of us who bought it.... it's too light to be a paper weight.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare

עַם יִשְׂרָאֵל חַי
puchfinnland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Andrigs Evolution2- cooling system Reply with quote

I spoke with Andrig, he is making the evo2 also for 40hp and 36hp motors.
I plan to install on my 40hp-1385. old school build
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Andrigs Evolution2- cooling system Reply with quote

Yes I spoke to him as well ..he's back up making the kits for the 1600cc alternator...he said he gonna see in 2 months on doing the 36hp ,356,and the 40hp backing plates for the 90mm generators...I've always liked the porsche type 367 peter max muller cooling fan so this andrigs kit should look and play it's part like of the type 367 cooling fan ....
SilverThing Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Andrigs Evolution2- cooling system Reply with quote

I never noticed that the Petermax Müller engine had a generator backing that allowed extra air in! I definitely had to go back to my saved pictures to verify. Not sure how I missed that detail before... That has gotten some gears turning in my brain.

On a similar note: do the early generator backing plates (1948 and earlier) with the vent slots make any difference on cooling?
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Andrigs Evolution2- cooling system Reply with quote

SilverThing wrote:
I never noticed that the Petermax Müller engine had a generator backing that allowed extra air in! I definitely had to go back to my saved pictures to verify. Not sure how I missed that detail before... That has gotten some gears turning in my brain.

On a similar note: do the early generator backing plates (1948 and earlier) with the vent slots make any difference on cooling?

Not too many folks know about the porsche type 367 engine only 4 engines were made ... it was to powerful for it time to be put in the porsche 356 and expensive to produce so all 4 engine were sold in which Petermax muller was one of tge folks who ended up with one also otto mathe asked porsche for 1 in which otto mathe ended up with one as well and also installed it in his type 64 for racing for a bit in which he stopped racing it engine was taken out after otto mathe restored the type 64 and installed the vw 985cc engine back in the type 64 it wasnt until 1990s when otto mathe decided to sell his type 64/ he passed away and they/ his family decided to sell his things and that's when they found the type 367 engine and it was sold off..
.... when I first saw the petermax muller type 367 first thing I notice was the dual fan shroud and I always wanted to make one ...
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Andrigs Evolution2- cooling system Reply with quote

Porsche type 367 link 👇👇👇👇
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2020/history/porsche-klassik-367-gmuend-models-19637.html
SilverThing Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Andrigs Evolution2- cooling system Reply with quote

Here is a youtube video on one of the type 367 motors. This one has two single-throat carburetors. The motor in the Automuseum Protyp Hamburg has four single throat carburetors. Also looks like the youtube motor has an early slotted generator backing plate vs the volute style one at the Prototyp Museum.

Link

I first heard about the Petermax Müller (Gustav Vogelsang) motor while researching something completely unrelated (as one does). It is really too bad that it is a little known piece of history.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Andrigs Evolution2- cooling system Reply with quote

Yeah ...I love the sound of that engine sounds like no other vw 1100cc or porsche 356 1100cc engine ....I posted the link of that video a while back ...on the split 38- 53 fourm ....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: