Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

MORE VW BULL!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:58 am    Post subject: MORE VW BULL! Reply with quote

Well, I just bought a 2003 TDI GLS and have not had one problem and averaged
52 mpg on my 2100 mile trip home from the dealer. Would highly recommend Lujack VW in Davenport Iowa. I expereienced no BS, paid several thousands less than my local dealer and they had all models in stock in almost every combination of options. They also picked me up at the airport in my new car, 45 minutes at the dealer and I was on the road. And the cool part was the sales guy even gave me several extra solar battery chargers for my aircooled cars.

RF
Major Woody
Samba Enigma

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: MORE VW BULL! Reply with quote

We have an 88 volvo 760 turbo wagon. Great car. Could be dropped to earth from outer space and after impact, you could still open the doors and walk away.
It does feel like piloting a freighter sometimes, even with the lowered springs, gas struts etc it still doesn't handle very responsively but then we didn't buy it for that reason. It does handle a hell of a lot better than any minivan though!!

I deal with bad car crash victims all day and can testify to the way a volvo takes a hit and saves its passengers. It's pretty amazing that any object can be hit by an F350 at 70 mph and still resemble a car. With a volvo, you live. With a honda, you die. That is that.
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: MORE VW BULL! Reply with quote

If everyone saw what you've seen I think we'd all be driving Volvos.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: MORE VW BULL! Reply with quote

Well...I sold the piece of junk jetta and got an acura. MUCH BETTER. Never again.
jeremysmithatshawdotca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: MORE VW BULL! Reply with quote

Well, here's a little somethin' somethin' to make you think twice about the volvo theory : http://www.vanagon.com/info/safety/volvo-crash/
I like volvo's and vanagons, but the next purchase will be a vanagon since we have three kids now, need some room for hauling'em all! Jeremy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: MORE VW BULL! Reply with quote

I bought a new 2003 Honda and it was a Lemon too!!! well the first one anyway, it was just a lower octane fuel problem that has gone away with higher octane fuel usage, we were going to buy a New Vw Wagon but had a very bad experiance with the local dealer, we thought it might be because they were selling Porsche cars on the same lot, maybe they thought the Vws were actually the Carrera Convertables or something else that sit very close to the Vw cars on the lot??? Glad we did not buy the New Vw!! After hearing all the bad stuff from Vw and reading a few post on the Forums, I think I will definately stick to the 1967 and older Vw's, even reading/seeing about all the tactics Vw has used to put a tight squeze on the Aircooled Hobby makes me want to think a bit about any future purchases with Vw in general!! oh well just a "little Freedom Of Speech"
dana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i didnt even get that far. i took my 2001 saturn 4 door into the vw dealer to trade in on a 03 jetta tdi. 390.00 per month $0 down. lets do it i said. oh one think i owe money on my trade but i am sure they can give me what i owe on a 30,000 dollar jetta. long story short, the appraiser said he would give me 5500 bucks. the timing belt would need to be replaced, the wondshield would have to be replaced for no less than 1000.00 and it needed 4 tires. well this was a far cry from the 10,500 that i owed so i said see you later. just for shits and giggles i stopped at the saturn dealer on my way home. they told me they would give me the 10,500 without even looking at it, as it turns out they gave me 11,500. i am the new owner of a loaded up VUE for 390.00 a month. i really had my heart set on parking my new jetta diesel beside my 74 westy but they are on crack!!!!!! oh by the way a 2001 saturn has a timing CHAIN that does not have to be replaced unless stretched and a windsheild is about 200 bucks. before jumping at a new vw explore your options. i saved 6000 bucks last week. now to find a new air cooled project.
Ofsthun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a 2002 Golf GLS that ran great and looked good but I could see how the quality has dropped. My dealership here in Abilene, Tx is great. As far as the Window regs problems go there is a new regulator that they are working on replacing on all there cars to stop the problems. The sunroof was warped and it was binding so it had to be replaced. While it was in the shop they let me borrow a 337 GTI that they had on the lot. I ended up selling the Golf to my Mom and putting all the money that I was spending on my car payment into my 69 Bug.
I still go to the Dealership for advice on my aircooled. The Techs there are very smart and know what they are talking about when it comes to the common problems on aircooled and watercooled VW's. Th owner of the Dealership is a Member of the VW club here and has multiple aircooled VW's on the lot for show cars. Also he has space behind the lot where you can park nonrunning VW's that the city will ticket you for leaving in your driveway.

Driving a Rustcooled Jetta 1.8T which is for sale so I can buy my next aircooled project.
Billet_Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 65 was stlen and i had about 7500 to spend on any car i wanted. Long story short i bought a 64 bus. And i am very happy with it even though it doesnt run right now. I dont think i could ever stand owning a newer watercooled complicated-as-hell car. Its all about the cheap and easy to work on old german steel Cool
DanM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this site isnt TheJetta.com
i have no interest in new cars, and new volkswagens are no different. i like owning and working on old vehicles, and hearing stories like this justify my position.
stick to what you can fix
DanM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this site isnt TheJetta.com
i have no interest in new cars, and new volkswagens are no different. i like owning and working on old vehicles, and hearing stories like this justify my position.
stick to what you can fix
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: