Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The 6 VW's I've owned and still counting...
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmattp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: The 6 VW's I've owned and still counting... Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

the first VW I ever owned, a 71 superbeetle. I was ripped off REAL BAD. I just got into VW's and didn't know anything. The guy sold it to me for $4500! there was some serious body rot and engine problems...

This is a 66 split I bought off the guy who made that ghia/bus/pickup, you guys see him around southern CA a lot. i forget what you call it. anyway, I traded it for this because I couldn't put in the money and effort to restore it

73 beetle with early fenders and aftermarket rag top. Great shape, no engine, I sold that.

Somewhere in between the 73 "rag" and the 66 split I bought this 66 hardtop. Again, good beetle, but I had to sell it to run away to philadelphia and be a vagabon for a few weeks until I got to california. (thanks to a strong 86 diesel golf that died the second I sold it)

Then I bought this 77 westy at a salvation army auction (thanks to ebay) this was the first and last time i ever used ebay to buy a car. It's in good shape, very complete, except for the muffler, and heater boxes. But this is is sitting in my driveway getting fatter by the second. But I'm trading it for a Notch.

And, to pay for the resto of the notch, I am selling this squareback which I currently drive daily:

this square is amazing, seriously the most ligit, complete, mechanically and cosmetically sound VW I've ever owned. It's a 68, I've only owned it for about a month, I'd hate to sell it but I've had a hard on for a Notch ever since I sold that super 3 years ago. And now I'm searching for a daily driver beetle to use while I'm working on the notch (or an oval or a split bus)

Last edited by jmattp on Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
muhtadi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your pics aren't loading for me. I think it's cos you're linking from Yahoo. They don't like that.
jmattp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah, i am linking from yahoo, and i don't think they like it either...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: