Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

single cab prices
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
mq1918
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: single cab prices Reply with quote

Ihave started searching for a good single cab and have gotten sticker shock. It seems just a few years ago you could find a good solid single for around $4000, not any more. What gives? There is a nice solid green one for $8000 listed but I would feel guilty puting a load in the bed and parking it around other cars, no door dings. Anyone have anything they want to sell? I would link to the one I am talking about but I am on my blackberry and it would take too long.
oldworldair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you looking for A really good driver? or clean bodied SC? I've got a mechaniclly perfect 66, it has some shotty old bondo work non correct gates but all the interior and drive drain have been gone thru, new brakes,tires,hoses,suspension ect ect this is the type of bus you could drive any where! cd player ect ect. price would be around 5K$ hardley any rust! it really wouldn't be hard to finish to semi-perfection . Remember most of these things were worked to death by their Previous owners before they were desireable as drivers and custom VW builders. Back them it was the most affordable truck per payload!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rescue912
Ferdinand Sanford

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gulf truck is sweet!

Mine was under $1K ... I don't fear door dings, just speed bumps Wink

oldworldair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn that SC is roudy!! I love it! any plans for the body? the only thing that would bother me is the wheel wells! what have you done to it since you got it for a G? was it running?

MG1918 check out the classifieds

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=221558
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep watching the Classifieds.

There was a cheap one in Washington or Oregon recently as well.
There was one on eBay a day or 2 ago as well.

Depending on where you are, you might be able to drive around and find one on the weekend.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mq1918
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I knew you all would come through. The Gulf cab is great but a little much as I have a built 2276 and a great trans that I took out of my Super Gas racer that I can use for the straight axle conversion. I am looking for one with minimal rust, straight front and rear but dings are ok. I want to drive it but want it to look presentable also, only want to drive it to the car show not show it. Who owns the one for $2500 in Florida? That one is just what I am looking for. Thanks Again, Matt
mq1918
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Just keep watching the Classifieds.

There was a cheap one in Washington or Oregon recently as well.
There was one on eBay a day or 2 ago as well.

Depending on where you are, you might be able to drive around and find one on the weekend.

I am here in Austin, Texas. I have searched high and low and the cabs are few and far between. I have offered to buy my buddy's double cab but he will not let it go, check it out on www.bigwigracecars.com I would also trade any type of cage work for a cab also. After my regular job I build chromoly cages for racecars and have a few pics of the current project listed in readers rides. Here is the link to the clients car that will be done shortly. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=128217

Take It Easy, Matt
n2vws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: single cabs Reply with quote

i, too, have been searching for a single cab for around $3k. i was told that i should be able to get a solid driver for around $3k. what do you guys think? i live on the east coast in nc, and lately, all that i have found is crap; ie; shotty frames, bondo hell, and horrible body damage. are you looking for a truck to restore or a truck to beat around in? where are you from? shoot me an email and i can steer you to some trucks to beat around in for about $1k, in this area and the midwest! if you are looking for a good driver to restore, i know of someone with one for sale in so.cal, for about $4k-$4.5k...email me and keep looking, before you know it, you will be covered up Razz . bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
P'ville'74Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: SC found Reply with quote

I just purchased a 1961 SC for $2500 here in NORCAL, found on ebay. Excellent mechanically. Rust in the usual spots, ie rockers, doglegs, etc. Gates straight and truck complete. I LOVE it. Can't wait to restore it.
oldworldair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! nice find!
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're still out there. I picked this one up about a year and a half ago for less than 2K; granted it had a bad tranny, wiring issues, sea foam paint, shot interior and bad tires. It looks and drives a hell of a ot better than it did but it's still a beater.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mintonman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say, but you are gonna get what you pay for. If you find a pre 67 single with a fairly straight body & minamal rust for under $3000.00 I'm sure it's gonna be missing the engine, gates & title. Not to mention cut wheel arches. Wait a couple more years when nobody wants them & then you'll be able to get one cheap. Kinda like the stock market, Supply & demand. Anyone that disagrees can show mq1918 where to buy it. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are some out there in old barns sitting waiting to be discovered, but when they are discovered ,the discoverer does alittle research & finds out what the going rate is & tries to sell it for $2000.00 more then that. Good luck in your search, but it is easier to buy one that needs some body work For $3000.00 then find an 80% solid one for $4000.00
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KombiMonster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine for $3k....It had 14" wheels....pulled springs out of the front and a straight axle....and I drove it 230miles home...The bed floor is new metal and just screwed in for now.....the passengers side is sanded down to metal.....(PO started doing some body work...I removed all of it)...Now all this truck needs a rear bumper, bigger gas tank and a bigger motor.... Laughing

*WANTED*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have one for sale next week, not sure of the year but between 62 and 65, rusty bed, treasure chest, etc. Will post pics after the weekend. 1500 or less. Still working out the details of this mutible bus/people transaction, it's a vicious circle , the things you have to go theough to just get a steering wheel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

splitpile wrote:
I'll have one for sale next week, not sure of the year but between 62 and 65, rusty bed, treasure chest, etc. Will post pics after the weekend. 1500 or less. Still working out the details of this mutible bus/people transaction, it's a vicious circle , the things you have to go though to just get a steering wheel

Laughing

"1500 or less" Shocked That right there is what I'm looking for but for a fatchick singlecab instead. Strictly a working truck, no trailer or show queen and preferably without a motor. I can build those! Razz
YEOPANEL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone wanna trade a '59 bug with 6 inch narrowed beam and cb drop spindles and a 1914cc pushin 125 hp for a bullet single? i dont care for paint... all i care are theres not too much rust and no cut whee wells
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with a little more room, ebay can be your friend

double cab.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volkswagen-Bus-Vana...enameZWDVW
YEOPANEL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant drive anything later than a '60... i cant deal with low hinged doors
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enkiel wrote:
with a little more room, ebay can be your friend

double cab.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volkswagen-Bus-Vana...enameZWDVW

Or not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oldworldair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this truck!
[/quote]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: