Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Canvas top Baywindow?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
aross229
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Canvas top Baywindow? Reply with quote

Has anyone out there seen a baywindow with a canvas sunroof installed?

I have a sixty nine with a camper interior tha I would someday like to have a sunroof in. (MAYBE) I have seen kits that are 36 inches. Wow, thats quite a hole in the roof. My roof already has a pop-vent that was installed by the previous owner that I am not a big fan of.

That is if this makes sense. Does it?
I would love some feed back please. Do they leak? pros/cons? This is more of a split crowd question?

I would also like to replace my headliner with the weekender solid panel roof.

I already have my dream bus.
nothereanymore
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I saw a splitty for sale on thesamba.com no long ago describing what you are talking about. The person used the existing pop top hole and added a custom canvas sunroof. Can't remember exact details. It looked good though.
Sett
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 71 westy with the pop top removed and I was lucky enough to find a 75 camper conversion with the sliding sunroof still inside. The sunroof looks like it has never been used. I got it at a Pick n Pull for $35.00, tracks, cables, crank and all, I just have to get the drains plumbed. I do remember reading about a company that sells a rag top kit in a past post, but if I remember right the person who got one had problems.
aross229
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Canvas top Baywindow? Reply with quote

Hmmmmm? I have also though of grafting a 68 sunroof clip on top of my bus by just cutting everything off at the rain gutter. I drove around a Vanagon Sunroof as a work vehicle for awhile and I really loved having that great big sunroof.

I am wondering how the Hartzz Canvas tops hold up to wind noise/water/ and summer heat>

I would think it could be done easily.

I am just wondering if anyone out there has special knowledge?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: