Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

saturday's bus find
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dubluv wrote:
Lind wrote:
dubluv wrote:
Danny t wrote:
How do you do it Lind..
Some people have all the luck.!!!! Wink
No kidding! How far do you travel to find stuff like that? all I ever find is old Fords and tractor stuff. I wish just once I could find a small score. Sad
part of it is just dumb luck. another part of it is driving my bus. I drive a lot, and lots of people come up to me and talk to me about my bus. that is how I found this lot of stuff. I drove just over 1000 miles this weekend on this one. and this was a farmers field kind of thing, the guy had lots of tractors, and maybe even some fords (I don't really pay too much attention to those)
Maybe I should rephrase that last part about "all I ever find is old Fords and tractor stuff". It should read, "all I ever find are parts I dont want".

I should mention that I spend an awful lot of time following dead-end leads. for every one good find that I make there are a dozen crappy finds that had little or nothing worthwhile. I also drive about 30k miles per year looking for this stuff.

this year has been particularly good for me. 9.5 splitties and six tons of parts so far this year. I have found more good stuff this year than the last three years combined. I don't think that stuff can keep turning up at this rate for that many more years.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: