Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fan Shroud Spacers
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom N.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Fan Shroud Spacers Reply with quote

I ordered a new 36HP doghouse shroud for my new motor. I ordered spacers also, made by latest rage. Do I need these things? They were $4 so I wanted them here if needed. What is the deal with them? Why is there a gap or what is the downfall to this gap, etc.? Please explain. I bought the spacers as a just in case and the ads advertise them right below the shroud.
BTW, the motor is a 2017cc so maybe the stroke has something to do with it?

Thanks.
stealth67vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't need them for a 78.4 stroke if you are using B pistons. Thay are used for wide motors to fill in the gap between the shroud and cylider tin that the cylinder spacers create. The last 78 stroke B piston motor I built was just as wide as a 1600, maybe a touch narrower.
7.76 @ 89.55mph 1/8 mile
12.34 and 108.10 mph 1/4 mile
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tuna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of the aftermarket 36hp fan shrouds are narrower than the stock shrouds. I've encountered this problem with both an 1835 and a 1641. We made temporary spacers until we could replace it with a German shroud.

Tuna
EMPI Imp Homepage

1970 EMPI Imp
1969 Bug - 2056cc Type 4 powered Cal-Look'r
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vicsvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: First mistake Reply with quote

First Mistake "L R" They have the parts made and don't know where they go on the VW motor. Call them and they will tell you they made it that way so it can be modified to fit any thing. Don't matter what it is you get the same answer. "We sell thousands of them and no one hase ever had a problem" They started selling Alum. Front ends with out the Adjusters Installed an it was such a great Idea as now you can install them your self. How? They don't have the foggest.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: