Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Just picked this Bandit buggy up...thanks Samba!
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kctrading
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Just picked this Bandit buggy up...thanks Samba! Reply with quote

Was about ready to buy the vegas buggies body, but I really did not like the way the rear portion looked....wanted to stay with a Manx look then I found this one....

I had to act fast on this as there was a lot of interest on this one...good thing I lived pretty close to him...paid $3800 out the door which included the side pods in the same color...I also picked up a brand new set/kit of Kardon 40mm carbs, alum empi intakes and K&N air filters with linkage for another $200 from him...it also came with a brand new windshield, frame and seal, poly seats, brand new 1641cc DP (FI case, new heads, dog house cooling with alt. conversion, 009, stock degreed pulley) engine with tri-mill exhast and u-bind pipe, speedo, elec fuel pump, headlamp housings and H4 bulbs/lens, rear tear drop brake/ts lamps, rebuilt IRS trans with brand new CV's and boots, new brakes, wheel cyl, hoses and hardware, master cyl, ball join front end and KYB front and rear gas shocks. New billet steering wheel and matching shaft cover, stock steering shaft. Wiring kit with fuse box, stock gas tank and lid. Steering couple kit, battery box and hood beading.

It does need some pan repair, rust holes but nothing real major....already got it Reg. at the DMV...gave me new plates even with a non-op.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

More pics:

http://james.jaguar.net/kctrading/Orginal%20Bandit%20Buggy/

I still need:

Wheel adaper

Turn sig switch and colum assembly

Roll bar

Seat covers

Dash overlay and guages

Ing. switch

Guages

Rear Seat

Seat belts

Front and rear bumpers

Get rid of 10" rims for some 8" ones

Install all new wiring, flashers, etc.

Battery and cables

Gas cap and hoses

Poly seat tracks, stock vw?

Body seal and bolts and washers

Body pan channel steel when I install the above seals and bolts.

Bar across and below dash to hook up steering colum.

Colum bearing kit?

Install pods

Paint

Did I miss anything?

Orginaly I was going to get a donnor VW and buy all this stuff seperatly...how did I do here guys?

Bandit buggies says these have a 2.5" body lift built into the body...does it look much taller than a real Manx?

Ken
Bandit site: http://www.banditbuggies.com/
clayster89
Samba Pitman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that thing is badass
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: