Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

this sucks
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
flat4freak1978
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: this sucks Reply with quote

i lost my keys somewhere yesterday. im pretty sure that thyre within 300 feet of me right now. just have no idea. turned my whole house up side down and went over the part of the yard i was in with a metal detector. no luck. a stupid locksmith wants 130 bucks to drill a f-kin key. thats rediuculous. so i go outside to pull my ignition switch and theres about 700980 peices to remove before you can even see it. and you have to drill the damn thing out according to the bentley manual, and according to the manual also to removew it you have to have the key in the cylinder. man, im bummed sorry to rant. but does anyone have any suggestions? i know this has happened to a ton og you before. i need ehlp to get my only ride back on the road.

justin Crying or Very sad Laughing Very Happy
Dando Fredo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: 2 Words Reply with quote

HOT WIRE.......... Wink
The minute you shell out any buckage, will be the exact minute you find your keys. Coglins Law
I try to sleep, they're wide awake they won't let me alone. They don't get paid to take vacations won't let me alone. They spy on me I try to hide they won't let me alone, they persecute me they're the judge and jury all in one.
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your ignition key also fit ANY one of your door locks you can pull the door handle/whatever and get a key cut from the code on it.... if you take it to the locksmith it should be about 15 bucks max...

If the ignition key was a "one of" then you will have to pull the key tumbler out of the column and take it in.

good luck!

PS somewhere in an older thread in this forum ther was a link to a good tech description and pictures of how to do this on a bus column....
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Thor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flat Freak!!! No worries if your key to your ignition worked in the doors.

Read my earlier thread, at the bottom.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52204

Hope this works for you!!!! Best of all it costs only $10.00 bones.
flat4freak1978
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys. alls well. i pulled the steering column and one of the door laocks as 2 keys fit my bus. and had to have them cut keys according to the key codes on the cylinders. and it ended up being 43 bucks all total for 2 new keys and 2 replacements. oy. yeah havent found the keys yet but i know theyll turn up in a week or so.

thanks for the help guys.

justin Embarassed Very Happy Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: