Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

One last lap belt plea!
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr. awsome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree that lap belts a much better than nothing. I can also tel you that first hand. If I didn't have my belt on I can guarantee that I would have died on the spot. Even with my belt I was able to some how bounce off the dash and half way through the windshield. When I woke up my chest was laying on the hood but I was still securely in my seat and the belt was still fastened. I just want to get it straight that I'm not bagging seat belts. I'm just saying the more points of contact the better.
Fox21086
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wrecked my 78 nova 2 years ago, and almost totalled it, totaling 2 other cars. i had my seat belt on and was extremely happy my face didnt bounce off of the steering wheel. i was left with a cracked and bruised collar bone and some bruising across my lap. the wreck wasn't my fault, and my chevy looks better now than ever. about 6 months ago i started wanting a bug, and got one about 2 weeks ago. I decided this to get good gas mileage, but i think this spring i'm gonna baja it so i can use it as a dual purpose car. man i really feel for ya, i had a lot of friends get in a lot of bad crotch rocket wrecks, and they all survived and fully recooperated, and half of them had broken backs or necks. I'm lucky as well as my friends. get well soon
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
schcott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did you guys attach your seatbelts and seats to the pan?? I left the inside stock location for the seat belt and moved the outside location (by the door) almost below the slot cut in the seat for the seat belt. I have body washers under each point rite now, and later on, after Thanksgiving, am going to put some plate in under the washers to strengthin them (so it connects to a larger part of the pan).
el loco kingo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 points are the way to go for me! im scared to death driving around my bug with all these damn big suv's but at least my baja will be ALOT safer when its done. untill then, the lap belt is what im going to use. i cant even use any other belts right now, due to my mangled collerbone. i broke it in 3 places riding bmx. sorry to hear about your back though man! ive broken 16 bones, and i couldnt even imagine busting up my back. get soon man!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=143790
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: