Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Engine Builder gone AWOL!!!!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vdubjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchback wrote:
Sounds like you and vdubjim are both having DDB problems at the same time with nothing happening...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=148898

if you guys are all good friends with martin, ask him about my 180.00 'complete' sidedraft carb setup that was missing the aircleaner elbow, dogbone linkage and preheat valve, had broken linkage on the intake, and when the carb wouldnt adjust any i took the top off and this is what i saw:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

this little thing, lying in the bowl.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
canabus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: ddb Reply with quote

we have been watching this thread for awhile
sounds like ddb is money hungry and will sell anyone anything(and take their time)
it sucks when people think this way
we've seen a few local shops go this route
vdubjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin has mailed my back finally. im not sure what will be done, if anything as of yet...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TUDrewser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: ddb Reply with quote

canabus wrote:
we have been watching this thread for awhile
sounds like ddb is money hungry and will sell anyone anything(and take their time)
it sucks when people think this way
we've seen a few local shops go this route

I think that's a bit harsh. I've seen nothing in this thread to suggest Martin is "money hungry and will sell anyone anything". In fact, from other's posts I would classify him as a guy who regularly delivers quality work and has had a few hiccups with some customers and is not good at communicating status. But "money hungry"? "will sell anyone anything?" C'mon.
bigedd08
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also waiting for parts from Martin that I paid for in May of 2005. I've bought from him in the past with no problem, but this is getting out of hand. I need to get my car back together and on the road.

I've e-mailed countless times and left messages with whoever is answering the phone, but no replies.

Martin, if you are out there, please contact me. I need my parts!!

-Ed
damicotile
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbow1076 wrote:
I received my engine today and I must say it looks freaking awesome. When I get a chance I will take some pictures of the engine and exhaust and post it. I am hoping to get the engine installed this weekend, can't wait to fire this beast up. Martin through in an alternator upgrade for the delay on my engine, which was more than generous. I understanding that building engines and doing other types of work with cars that are 20 to 30+ years old is going to take time and there is always going to be delays and problems. I even told Martin in the very beginning to take his time on the engine because I just want it done right. From the looks of the engine Martin did it RIGHT! I didn't mean to be such a big pussy, but when I waited a long time for the engine and when it was finally done and I paid for it, I panic like a little sissy because I never received it nor did I get a chance to talk with Martin about what happen. I am truly sorry to give Martin such bad press, really had no intention of all of this and really didn’t think I would get so many replies to my post. I just freaked I guess....I hope no one alienates Martin and the DDB for this; I don't think that should happen. I think Martin is a good guy and I will probably do business with him again in the future and I hope the others that have followed this thread will do the same. Sounded like Martin was a little overwhelmed at his shop and being the only one there I can understand it. I am sure he didn't want to give me any more excuse as to why the engine wasn't done yet or why it wasn't shipped. I wish he had because I understand shit happens, but he didn't and I panicked. I am sorry Martin. Thank you though for the Kick-Ass engine and I can't wait to tell you how it runs once I get it fired up and on the road.

Well it's been almost 4 years since Martin built your engine.
How did it all work out? Is it still running?
There was no other update after the last post you made.
We'd all like to know how it all went since you got it back.
Silicon bronze sleeves
Scat 1.25:1
CB H-Beams
Straight cuts
42x37 Steve Tims
44 IDF's
9.2:1
A-1 Sidewinder coated

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: