Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rebuilt Transmissions from Quality German Auto Parts
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Rebuilt Transmissions from Quality German Auto Parts Reply with quote

Has anybody had any dealings with these people Quality German Auto Parts? I purchased a rebuilt transmission from then for my type II. It was an 091. They wanted 900.00 for it and when I got the transmission and had it installed the whine in 3rd and 4th gear is terrible. I paid 350.00 to have it installed and they want me to remove it install my old one (another 350.00) then send it back (another 125.00) then in 2 to 3 weeks they will send it back and then I can have it reinstalled (another 350.00). I just wanted them to send me another so I could have it all done at once, then send them the whining one back. Am I wrong???
sluggo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you located? I might be able to help.
http://www.itinerant-air-cooled.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the offer for help Reply with quote

Sluggo:

Thanks for the offer but I am 90 miles east of Dallas Texas.....not to many VW people out here. If you don't have aFord, Chevy or Dodge pickup....you just aren't S**T.
Pearl the party bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're right. At the very least they should pay for all the extra shipping. Can you send it back to them collect?
AquaBus!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id say tell them you want your money back. Thats shit.. Pull the motor yourslef, drop the tranny and senfd it to them COD, or tell them you will badmouth them to every VW webboard, magazine, and motorist you come across.

They should have bench tested it before selling it. Thats their mistake and they should pay for it.

... i remember the days when a bus cost two dollars and you had to push it uphill both ways...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Birdibus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickupguy~ It sounded so familiar I had to look it up.
http://www.qualitygermanautoparts.com/
Hey, they are down the street a few miles, and I have bought some items from them. One of my engines is from there. And a sliding door hinge. I'm sorry to hear you are having a problem with the transmission. They are important to our local VW mechanics, though I don't know the buzz on their reputation. I do remember waiting a long wait in their front office for the hinge. Shipping and mechanics fees sure do add up fast, yeow.

Are you anywhere near Denton, TX? There is an ebayer there who has been selling pearl white Westfalia poptops, beautifully restored, for high prices. If you like, I will link one of the auction ads. There must be some sort of VW community surrounding those beauties... Oh! why wait? Here it is. He sold another camper in Dec. for over 15K:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...AMEWA%3AIT

Last edited by Birdibus on Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
samannac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: bbb Reply with quote

Seeing that you were send a faulty part, you shouldnt have to pay a dime in shipping. Ive had several problems with vendors... not to name any names... but if they hassle you, tell them that your just going to refer them to the better business bureau. I havent had to use that tactic yet, but I keep it in my arsenal for when the shiet hits the fan :snipersmile: . Just explain to them that you shouldnt be held liable for theyre mistake. They seem to have a decent reputation with them anyways so I would be suprized if they dont take care of it free o' charge. Good luck.

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13045498

Give peace a chance - John Lennon -
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: more info on trans Reply with quote

Denton is about 125 miles west from where I live. Believe me if I wern't 60 years old I would have pulled the stuff in the first place. I have been playing with VW's for over 40 years now and it isn't that hard to drop it all. But....at 60 I don't really want to crawl under the pickup and drop it. The only problem with returning the transmission is that it was built for me with a short shaft so I could use the old bell housing/starter and the 4th gear is a .82 with a 4.86 ring and pinion the third gear is also changed. My plan is to install a 2.4 MFI Porsche 6 in the truck so I wanted a better gear ratio than the standard pickup gears. I can't find one around here. I told them to send me another transmission so I could pull this one and install the other one and they refused. The next option is to take it to a VW place here and have the trans rebuilt. I think they should pay for the rebuild job or send me another trans or offer to pay ALL the labor charges since they are at fault.
AquaBus!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you pay by CC?

If you did you could contest the carge under the "fraud protection" policy as you paid for a good working transmission and you got a piece of crap.

... i remember the days when a bus cost two dollars and you had to push it uphill both ways...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AquaBus:

yes I did pay by CC I am talking to the credit card people about it. That is the reason I pay by CC on almost everything I order. Seems to be alot of people selling parts that are not as represented.
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't think it is fare that people should be able to get away with things like this. I paid good money for a piece of s**t. They won't refund my money and if I send it back I have no trans at all.
jberger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickupguy wrote:
I just don't think it is fare that people should be able to get away with things like this. I paid good money for a piece of s**t. They won't refund my money and if I send it back I have no trans at all.

You decided to have them modify a stock tranny, when you try to change things they are bound to foul up at some point. Maybe the custom gears are cut different for this application and are producing some noise.
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I have been told by my VW mechanic is that the gears are mis-matched and that is what is causing the whining sound. It shouldn't matter if they aren't stock gears they should be matched and should work correctly. it shouldn't whine
jberger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickupguy wrote:
What I have been told by my VW mechanic is that the gears are mis-matched and that is what is causing the whining sound. It shouldn't matter if they aren't stock gears they should be matched and should work correctly. it shouldn't whine

A correctly remanufactured stock bus tranny will run you 900-950 if you paid 900 or so for a modified reman tranny you may be getting what you paid for. Try Long Enterprises for a quality unit.

http://longenterprises.com/
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was 900 + 300 for core so 1200.00 + shipping
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickupguy wrote:
It shouldn't matter if they aren't stock gears they should be matched and should work correctly. it shouldn't whine

i agree. and the vendor should stand behind their product. it is hard to swallow sometimes, but if you are vending to the public, you have to remember that the customer is always right. in the long run, this is the only path to take, and it will pay off. everyone makes mistakes once in a while, the key is what happens when mistakes are made.
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are refusing to send me another transmission unless I pull the one out reinstall my old transmission send it back to them 2 to 3 weeks later det it back and thyen pull mine out and reinstall the one they send. I would have over 1,000.00 in labor to do this. I asjed them to send me another one so I could do it at once. THEY REFUSED Ithen would send the old one back seems simple to me
AquaBus!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jberger wrote:
pickupguy wrote:

A correctly remanufactured stock bus tranny will run you 900-950 if you paid 900 or so for a modified reman tranny you may be getting what you paid for. Try Long Enterprises for a quality unit.

http://longenterprises.com/

I have to disagree 1200$ is a lot of money, and if you cant deliver a quality unit for that price then you shouldnt try. It is unetyhical to sell something that doesnt work for 1000$. Now when i get a used tranny, I know I am taking a risk (one that worked this time) but Im only spending 100$, not 1200$. Im sorry thats just too much money for crappy work.

And what do you think this is costing them in bad press? anyone here going to buy anything from them? I know I wouldnt.

pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trying to get them to just send me one for 3 weeks now and they just keep saying "just pull yours out reinstall the old one, send it to us we will look at it fix it and send it back then you can reinstall it" That would take 3 to 4 weeks cost me another 1000.00 in labor and have the truck out of commission for 4 to 6 days. Right now it is all I have to drive and I need it daily.
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as of 9:54 pm central time they still refuse to send me a good transmission. They will refund my money if I send it back but they say tough to the money I spent to have it installed. Am I better to have no trans and be out 350.00? I just don't understand why some people refuse to take care of customers. As someone stated "the customer is right" don't take care of your existing customers and you won't get any new ones.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: