Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rebuilt Transmissions from Quality German Auto Parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be in the Vendor feedback forum.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AquaBus

I agree if I paid 300.00 for it I would assume that there might be a problem but 900 + 300 = 1200 I would think the trans would be good
vwmotors
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: 091 transmission purchased by Kerry Hoffman 11-22-05 Reply with quote

Mr. Hoffman it seems you fail to mention the FACTS of ALL our correspondence. You contacted us on Jan 20.06 and we responded immediately via e-mail. We told you to ship the transmission back at OUR Expense and we would fix and return prepaid. You then sent an e-mail 1-26-06 stating that you wanted us to send the replacement trans or you would immediately stop payment on the trans and KEEP our transmission. Your words "otherwise I will just contact my credit card and have the whole thing reversed and pay locally to have the trans rebuilt"
If any of you have any questions about Mr. Hoffmans intentions here is the copy of his e-mail dated 1-25-06:
You seem to forget I am already out 300.00 for installation plus a trans seal, since bellhousing was replaced and 3.5 pts of gear oil. So sending it back unless you are also going to refund my installation charges just won't happen. I will send old (from my truck) back you send me a new 091 with proper shaft and gear ratio and when I have it installed I will return the whining trans to you. The other option is I get it rebuilt here and use the money I paid you (1325.00) to have it done. I will just call credit card company and then use that money to get it fixed. YOUR OPTION and these are the only options.

Kerry Hoffman
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 6:24 PM
Subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - Stock Transmission and freway flyer's

In a message dated 1/24/2006 4:01:35 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
Otherwise I will just contact my credit card and have the whole thing reversed and pay locally to have the trans rebuilt. YOUR CHOICE.
yes please send our trans back and we will refund the full amount after we have our trans back here.
thomas

We offered to take the trans back for a full refund and pay the freight. We even offered you to keep our trans that you say is bad for a couple of weeks while you would get one done elswhere and then send ours back and you refused. We feel we have been more then fair and absolutely standing behind our warranty. But the point is you want to keep the money and our trans . WE WANT TO REFUND YOUR MONEY AND GET OUR TRANS BACK . We have copies of all the e-mails available for anyone who wants them.

[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also seem to forget about the 440.34 I paid for installation and the additional 300 to have it removed who will pay for that? All I want you to do is send me a replacement transmission and then I will send your transmisson back. will you pay the 1325.00 plus the 440.34 + 300 total of $2,066.34 that I would have invested. I should not have to pay for your mistakes to the tune of 740.34 for removal and installation and removal and installation. Pay me the 2,066.34 and I will send trans back. You never offered to replace the transmission unless I send back the old one first why should I have to pay all the labor you pay the labor and I will send it back. Why should I have to be without a vehicle for 3 to 4 weeks because of your poor rebuild? You see I gave you the chance to correct the problem and you refused I need the trans working and can not/will not wait 3 to 4 weeks to have it done. Like many here right now this is my only means of transportation. I guess you could pay for a rental ccar for me that would work also. I JUST WANT YOU TO STAND BEHIND YOUR WORKMANSHIP. Not hide behind it. I gave you the option of sending me another trans or me having it fixed locally you refused to send me one so I have no other choice but to have it fixed locally (at your expense not mine) You see I did not give you the option you want as that isn't an option to me.
snookerdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: tranny rip off Reply with quote

do you live in the same state as the vendor? it may be wise to simply sue the vendor for all outlay plus recovery fees. if you go to small calims court and register your suit they, will be served and probably make a real effort to go the cheaper route and provide your with a tranny at your convience. courthouse records are publice domain and you could look up a format for your petition and do it yourself and not involve an lawyer. you do have recourse; you don't have to eat this thing.
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vendor in Ca I am in Texas so don't know how that would work
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you break a craftsman tool, does Sears give you a replacement before you bring the old one in? Of course not.

If you sold someone something and they were not satisfied, would you refund their money before you had the goods back in your hands? of course not.

So why would you expect this vendor to behave any differently?

You have not been defrauded, so don't even think about going to the CC company to dispute the charge. By doing so, you open yourself up to a fraud charge- disputing a charge under false pretenses IS fraud; getting a lemon transmission isn't.

Having read both sides of the story now, it seems that the vendor is willing to do the right thing.
Author of Original Rant #1
"It stingd itself to dead... now that is control on you"

2%
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BL:

but who will pay the labor charges??? It wasn't a lemon, it wasn't rebuilt. Why should I pay over 700.00 in labor because the vendor used old parts and sold it as a newly rebuilt transmission, knowing that gear that are sold in a machined set wern't used. I am sorry you are wrong or a friend of the vendor. The credit card people look at it differently. The transmission was not as described nor did I receive what I ordered and payed for. I have seen many vendors that will send replacements before you send the old one back but we are talking good reputable vendors not ones that hide behind there product. I had Jaguar Haven in Calif send me a complete Jaguar V12 engine once because the one they send me first had a dropped valve. There wasn't a question of pull it out and send it back first. Just sorry we will get another one pulled and sent tomorrow. I was restoring a 1976 Jaguar XJS, Coventry West in Ga sent me a wrong part well gosh guess what the next day I received the part at there expense overnight. So vendors do send replacements if they are wrong. I agree that if the item were used for sometime they might want the old one first but this transmission was BAD from the day it was installed. My VW mechanic told me about it right after he test drove it, not 1 week, 1 month , 1 year later but right after it was installed. The transmission was DOA not just worn out
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otherwise I will just contact my credit card and have the whole thing reversed and pay locally to have the trans rebuilt. YOUR CHOICE.
yes please send our trans back and we will refund the full amount after we have our trans back here.
thomas

Thomas why didn't you post all the e-mail where I said that I WANTED THE TRANSMISSION REPLACED otherwise I will contact the credit card people I gave you the option of replacing it or I would have it rebuilt locally. You would not replace it so whatoption did I have. GET IT FIXED LOCALLY.
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Rebuilt Transmissions from Quality German Auto Parts Reply with quote

pickupguy wrote:
Has anybody had any dealings with these people Quality German Auto Parts? I purchased a rebuilt transmission from then for my type II. It was an 091. They wanted 900.00 for it and when I got the transmission and had it installed the whine in 3rd and 4th gear is terrible.

On their website they list rebuilt 091s for $649 plus $500 core charge.

pickupguy wrote:
What I have been told by my VW mechanic is that the gears are mis-matched and that is what is causing the whining sound. It shouldn't matter if they aren't stock gears they should be matched and should work correctly. it shouldn't whine.

Ah, now i understand the cost discrepancy. this wasn't a stock rebuild, you had some custom work done. why the difference betwen your claimed core charge and their advertised core charge though?

pickupguy wrote:
It wasn't a lemon, it wasn't rebuilt. Why should I pay over 700.00 in labor because the vendor used old parts and sold it as a newly rebuilt transmission, knowing that gear that are sold in a machined set wern't used.
Okay, now I am confused again. Was it rebuilt or wasn't it? if it wasn't rebuilt how did it get the custom gearset installed?

i am not a friend of the vendor, never done business with them, just an observer who has read this thread. Reading the posts from the vendor and you, it appears that on the vendor's side:
a) the vendor has been willing to replace the transmission.
b)the vendor is willing to offer a full refund on the purchase price, including return freight.
c) the vendor has offered to let you keep the transmission until you get another rebuilt locally, and then provide you a full purchase refund including return freight.

on the customer's side:
a) you threaten to cancel payment.
b) complain that they will not cover all costs.

You seem concerned with the 2-3 week downtime. i do not care what the local guy advertises or promises you, you are likely going to be facing similar downtime having it rebuilt locally.

I can understand you are unhappy. maybe it is time to take a deep breath, pick up the phone, call the vendor, and get this resolved.
Author of Original Rant #1
"It stingd itself to dead... now that is control on you"

2%
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told it was rebuilt but I guess it wasn't or if it was opened up any bad pieces may have been replaced with used pieces. As for the core charge who knows your price of 1,149.00 and my cost of 1,200.00 isn't off by much. Maybe the cost of used gears ha ha ha. Gears can be installed/replaced without rebuilding the transmission. eg if a scncro is bad just leave it in, brgs bad well just don't replace them. The trans was opened but obvoiusly not rebuilt. Can you do a valve job without taking the head off? No you can't. Can you take a head off and not do a valve job? But of course. The gears could have been from different transmissions but they aren't new/matched as they are sold. He will replace the transmission only if I spend more money to pull his out, reinstall my old transmission wait for his to return then reinstall his new one again the labor cost would be well over 1,000.00. I should have to pay this? I want him to send me another trans I will have the old one pulled and new one installed then send his back. saving one remove and replace. to the tune of 300.00 to 400.00 If I had to spend 1,000.00 why would I send it back when I can get a proper rebuild for 810.00 here and have it done in 2 days. I took my truck in late Friday and picked it up Monday morning. This is not a 3 to 4 week time frame as you suggest. He told me to get my old one rebuilt then send his back the problems are one my trans isn't bad two is that I live in East Texas you can not find an 091 trans three you certianly can not find a 1975 091 trans what is what I want and paid for. My old trans is not an 091 but an 002 I have specific reasons for wanting the 091 and its gear ratio. If you read my previous post you will see that vendors will and do ship prior to receiving the old one back. I can not be without my vehicle as it is my only means of transportation right now.
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Rebuilt Transmissions from Quality German Auto Parts Reply with quote

pickupguy wrote:
What I have been told by my VW mechanic is that the gears are mis-matched and that is what is causing the whining sound. It shouldn't matter if they aren't stock gears they should be matched and should work correctly. it shouldn't whine.

The noise has nothing to do with the gears. Your mechanic is wrong. Even according to VW, you can mix gear sets without problems as long as the tooth count is right.

The noise is from a bad mainshaft ball bearing. With the right tool, you can extract the bad bearing and replace it in an hour once the gearbox is out of the car. There's no need to rebuild the gearbox.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The company you are talking about is too busy selling "herbie" motors Rolling Eyes (see hot vw's ad), to take care of the "little guy", or so it would seem. They have been advertising out here in cal. for years in the recycler, and in hot vw's. When that movie came out, I noticed that all thier prices in the ad's jumped up a couple hundred bucks or more. Hope they in some way make it right with you. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce:

The whine is only in 3rd and 4th gear not in first or second could it still be bearing and shouldn't that have been replaced during the fictious rebuild
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Rebuilt Transmissions from Quality German Auto Parts Reply with quote

Most warranties do not cover labor to R&I the unit , and you want them to cover removing the defective unit and reinstall your old one , good luck . Have it taken out , sent back for a refund or fixed , and deal with not having the truck . TROY
ARR #3
www.autosportsnorthwest.org
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teeroy:

I wouldn't expect it to cover once, but they want me to take it out install my old one wait until they return the new one the pull the old one out again and reinstall the new one that would make 3 R&R's to the tune of over 1,000.00. I just asked them to send a trans so I could eliminate one of the R&R's then I would send them the old one back. I can't be without the truck right now. I need it daily monday thru friday. It boils down to this the trans seems to never have been rebuilt correctly what ever the reason gears/brgs who knows. I have paid $900.00 to them to have it rebuilt, If I have to pay another 1,000.00 for R&R labor why should I send it to them and HOPE IT IS DONE RIGHT I can ask that my 900.00 be refunded and have it done locally for 810.00 parts and labor. If I spend 1000.00 just for R&R so they can hopefully fix it right what if I had to go thru the whole thing again.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickupguy,

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
pickupguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't have your cake and eat it too ??????????????

What does that mean? I paid for a rebuilt transmission and that is what I expect to have for my money. I won't pay 125 + 300 + 900 = 1325.00 for a transmission that doesn't work properly. It howles so bad in third and fourth that the trans makes more noise than the wind and tires and motor combined. So yes I can have a rebuilt transmission and use it
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickupguy wrote:
You can't have your cake and eat it too ??????????????

What does that mean? I paid for a rebuilt transmission and that is what I expect to have for my money. I won't pay 125 + 300 + 900 = 1325.00 for a transmission that doesn't work properly. It howles so bad in third and fourth that the trans makes more noise than the wind and tires and motor combined. So yes I can have a rebuilt transmission and use it

That means you can't demand a new transmission before sending the old one back. You live in a delusional fantasy world of demands. You must have been an only child who always got his way.
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't reinstall the old transmission while waiting for the new one to arrive. Get a rental car for $30/day or less if you check around.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: