Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

[email protected] does bad business......
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: dr. awsome
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 27, 2011
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: [email protected] does bad business...... Reply with quote

Here is the deal. Trent ([email protected]) lists a set of kadrons for $120.00 both here and on the on February 1, 2006. On February 2, 2006 I send him an email saying that I would take them, and for him to give me a shipping cost and how he wants to get paid. This is the email he sends me:

To: [email protected]
Cc:
Bcc:
Subject: Re: A message about your ad on
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 07:33:09 -0800

Shipping would be around $20. I prefer payment through paypal, But will take a money order or cashiers check as well. There is someone in Thailand that is also interested and he contacted me last night so he is first in line. you are next in line so if he backs out they are yours if you would still like them.

Thanks
Trent

Ok...so I am second in line. I send him this message the same day:

Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 12:13:32 -0500

Trent,
Yes Trent I am very interested. $20 for shipping is fine with me. Paypal is also fine. Let me know what happens if you would. My Manx would be very happy to have them.
Jeff

So then I get this email from Trent:

Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 12:47:56 -0800
I'll let you know as soon as I find out if this guy in thailand wants them still with how much shipping will be.

Thanks
Trent

Still cool. I will wait. On Saturday I shoot him a quick message:

Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 3:52:08 PM Eastern Standard Time
Trent,
Any word from the guy in Thailand?
Thanks
Jeff

I get a response from him on Sunday:

Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 22:34:44 -0800
He want them still but I havn't gotten any money yet. I'll give him till wednesday and then I'll give you a buzz with an update. How's that sound?

Trent

No problem. I shoot him this response:

Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 2:40:14 PM Eastern Standard Time

More than fair. Thanks.
Jeff

So since I don't hear from him I shoot him a message on thursday as he was giving the other guy until Wednesday:

Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 8:01:21 PM Eastern Standard Time

Trent,
Any word?
Thanks
Jeff

And this is what I get late thursday night:

Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 17:08:34 -0800

The guy in Thailand lost touch so I went to the next guy this morning and he has already sent me the money. So they are sold. Sorry.

Trent

Hows that for business!! I was the next guy. I kept in touch without harassing him. I told him I would take them. Now one little interesting detail to this. He originally posted them for $120.00...both here and at the Meyers Manx forum. AFTER I contacted him, and AFTER he responded to my inquiry saying they were mine he bumped the price to $200, with the caveat that "if you haven't already contacted me". My guess....he found someone to pay $200. He has pulled the ad here so I can't post the link to it, unless someone can tell me if there is a record somewhere. So if you bought these carbs let me know if you paid $200. Either way...thats just lousy business.
UncleBob
Grease Midget

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These?

http://www.meyersmanx.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=6&cat=7

That is Dr. Awsome here.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=45519

don't worry, the ciggaret is fake.
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are the ones. You can see my original response on the Manx site at the bottom.
dr. awsome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here’s the deal. I posted them for 125 and with in 20 minutes a guy from Thailand e-mailed me and said he wanted them. The next morning I had 3 other e-mails from various people saying they want them ASAP as well. I tried to make a pecking order the best I could. I raised the price to 200 because of the amount of interest and figured I had them priced very low. I was also hoping that if the 4 people that e-mailed me all backed out for some reason I would be able to get a little more but I never raised the price for who had already e-mailed me before the price jump. Apparently I stated that jsbptown was next in line. The guy from Thailand dropped off the face of the earth and wouldn't respond to my e-mails at all. So I set a time limit and told him if he didn't respond I would then move to the next person. When he didn't respond I then moved to who I thought was the next person by who e-mailed me first. It was had to tell who was first at this time because g-mail only lists the day the e-mail was sent not the time. I sent a reply to the person I thought was next and apparently got the order wrong. I've already sent an E-mail apologizing to jsbptown. If I didn't already have the money in my back account I would tell the other guy I made a mistake and sell them to you but it’s not quite that simple is it. I really don't know what you want me to do! I understand that your upset because you lost out on a great deal because I messed up but is that really a reason to try to completely destroy a guys reputation? I don't sell thing very often and when I do apparently I'm not very good at it. also after I raised the price from 125 to 200 no one contacted me. There was not someone who was willing to pay more for them. I was only trying to get the most I could out of them but sill trying to be fair at the same time to who ever had already contacted me. But I guess I couldn't even to that right. Once again I apologies.

Last edited by dr. awsome on Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
UncleBob
Grease Midget

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's understandable. Accidents happen, it's tough sometimes to keep pecking orders in line. But, this is what I don't get.

dr. awsome wrote:
I raised the price to 200 because of the amount of interest and figured I had them priced very low.

If you put something up for sale, you've already figured out in your head what you want for them. If you agree to sell for that price, you need to follow through. I completely understand trying to get the most $ out of your parts, but this isn't E-Bay. You shouldn't adjust your price structure based on interest.

After all, put yourself in Jeffs shoes. How would you feel?

Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBob wrote:
That's understandable. Accidents happen, it's tough sometimes to keep pecking orders in line. But, this is what I don't get.

dr. awsome wrote:
I raised the price to 200 because of the amount of interest and figured I had them priced very low.

If you put something up for sale, you've already figured out in your head what you want for them. If you agree to sell for that price, you need to follow through. I completely understand trying to get the most $ out of your parts, but this isn't E-Bay. You shouldn't adjust your price structure based on interest.

After all, put yourself in Jeffs shoes. How would you feel?

Exactly. That's called Bait-and-Switch. You priced it, you eat it.
dr. awsome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't rais the price to anyone who had e-mailed me before I raised the price. The people who had e-mail be still had the offer for 125. I honestly had no idea what the are worth. All I know is I picked them up a year ago at a swap meet for a good deal and was tired of having them around and needed some cash. I would have only made jsbptown pay the original 125.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr. awsome wrote:
I didn't rais the price to anyone who had e-mailed me before I raised the price. The people who had e-mail be still had the offer for 125. I honestly had no idea what the are worth. All I know is I picked them up a year ago at a swap meet for a good deal and was tired of having them around and needed some cash. I would have only made jsbptown pay the original 125.

OK, that's cool. At least you honored your previous price.
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize accidents happen, but I worked pretty hard walking that line between being a pain in the ass, and falling off the face of the earth. I didn't email you right on Wednesday thinking you wanted to give the other guy the whole day, and I waited for you on thursday during the day for you to get back to me (again so I wouldn't be perceived as a pain). When you didn't I sent that last email on thursday night.
I guess I am angry as well because another set came up on the Samba for $150 (but included new aircleaners) and I passed them up because I didn't want to play two people. Obviously those are now gone as well.
Its more than frustrating doing everything right just to get screwed.
And lastly...I didn't make you look like an ass.
UncleBob
Grease Midget

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr. awsome wrote:

Oh, so you sold them to someone else for $125, and it was a simple mixup in order?

If you already had a buyer (Jeff) for $125, then why would you go through the trouble of editing the Manx Club ad for $200?

dr. awsome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I edited the price just incase everyone that was already in line dropped out for some reason. I had no intetioins of trying to get the people who had e-mailed me about them when the price was listed as 125 to get them to pay 200. I guess I got gready hoping that if everyone backed out I could find someone who didn't see the original listing and get a little more. But in no way shape or form was I going to try to get anyone that contacted me before I raised the advertised price to try to get them to pay the 200 instead of the original 125.
SiggyManx#33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

offer+acceptance=binding deal (in most states)

You should not of relisted them for a higher price until everyone else backed out.

Doing so can make you look bad. (even if you aren't.)
DONT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP
Anybody else had any issues with this seller? Like possibly never gotten your parts??
DONT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a little long and very frustrating!!!!

I responded to an ad on the samba for frt shocks from Dr.Awsome, he sent me a picture. I asked about frt torsion springs he had mentioned in a thread he had removed. He said he would sell them also. I made an offer, he accepted and I mailed a money order the next day.

copy of email:
Trent,

How about I buy the leafs and the shocks. $250.00 including shipping.

Let me know.

Don

p.s. are the springs sway a way or latest rage?

Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 10:49 AM
To: Don Thompson
Subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - 2 10" fox smooties with rezzy

I have some HD leafs for a 6" wider beem i'd sell for $100 they've only been run for about 5 miles.

Approx 3/1 I inquired as to where the parts were. He stated he had been waiting for my money order to clear his bank, which he said happened "the day before". So he could now ship them out. (sorry I deleted the emails)

I read the off-road forum on here all the time and he said, he had to move his shop and stuff, so I was being patient. On 3/27 I wrote:

Hello Trent,

I read about your shop space, that is a pain to find a new place. I have not received the parts I bought from you yet.

Do you have a tracking number, so I can research what happened to them.

It has been 3 weeks since our last communication.

Thank you,

Don

His response on 3/27, my prompting on 3/30 and his response on 4/1
I have the leafs and the shocks sitting next to me right now. I'll ship them in the morning and gine you the tracking number. Once again sorry that it's taken so long. I hope I havn't slowed you progress of your project to much.

Trent

On 3/30/07, Don Thompson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Ship yet?
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> *From:* Trent Bowman [mailto:[email protected]]
> *Sent:* Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:04 AM
> *To:* Don Thompson
> *Subject:* Re: front suspension parts
>
>
>
> I know I'm sorry about that. I still haven't had time to get them
> shipped out. I've been very busy. I will get them out as soon as I
> can. Keep bugging me to remind me. I will give you a tracking number
> as soon as I ship them. Once again sorry for the delay.
>
> Trent
>

--
Trent bowman
Owner of the Utah off road authority and president of the Utah Baja Club. If you would like to join the email list just let me know!

On 4/17, I prompted again.
Ship them yet???

No response......, on 4/23 annoyed I sent:
Hello, did you ship the parts yet???? This is starting to get annoying. I understand you where busy with moving and everything, but how many weeks has it been now? I paid you in February!

No repsonse....., on 4/24 I sent:
Hello Trent,

If there is some reason you are having trouble shipping out the parts, would you prefer to refund my money?

Let me know.

Don.
No response..
At 9:38 5/4 I sent
Trent,
Have you shipped the parts I paid for yet? I noticed there is a feedback thread on the Samba about issues with sellers. I really do not want to be forced into publishing this, but I am beginning to feel I need to get help in getting my parts.

Please respond asap to avoid this.
Don

His response on at 10:04 5/4 was:
I've been out of town and unable to check my e-mail. I shipped the parts before I left. It appears they got sent back. I must have messed up the address or something. I'll get them sent back out as soon as I can. I'm sorry this is such a hassle. I know how frustrating it can be. I've had to deal with this same kinds of situations before. could you please send me your address again so I can double check it. I don't want to have this happen again. All I want is for you to finally have your parts. Once again I am very sorry for the trouble you have been put through.

Trent

So I sent him my address again.

No response..... 5:58 pm 5/8 I sent:
So, did you re-ship my parts yet?

No response....3:35 pm 5/11 I sent:
Ship the parts yet?

5/13 He sent:
yes I shipped out your parts. Once again I've been out of town. I shipd them before I left. I'm supprised they havn't gotten there already. They should be showing up in the next few days then. If there's any more problems let me know.

Trent

On 5/14 and 5/15 here is the exchange:
Him 5/15
I shipped them out on the 4th. As soon as I confirmed you address I sent them out priority.

On 5/15/07, Don Thompson <[email protected]> wrote:
When was it shipped and what class?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 2:11 PM
Subject: Re: front suspension parts

no I shipped is USPS. They didn't give me a tracing number. I figured they would be the safest to go through.

On 5/14/07, Don Thompson < [email protected]> wrote:

Thank you for the update, I will notify you when I receive them. Do you have tracking information?

On 5/24 I am reading a post on here and it says his brother is going to buy and use the very same springs that were sold to me months earlier.
Quoted from that post:

Samba Contributor

Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:03 pm Post subject:

Those price lists really helped. So I'll probably get some generic bump stops from Chirco, Buy Doc's leafs from when he did his coilover conversion (except they might be for a wide beam which would be a problem) and I'm thinking I'll get the latest rage link pins. I'm a little worried about buying latest rage parts because I've heard about quality issues, but it seems like chromolly steel is chromolly steel.

If someone has had bad experiences with any of the parts I'm choosing, please tell me.

Also, does anyone know if there is a SCORE 5/1600 rule about front trailing arm length. I know your rear trailing arms can only be lengthened by 1 inch and that the wheelbase has to be stock +/- 1 inch, but I haven't heard any front trailing arm restrictions.

Carbo

Further down that thread Trent aka Dr.Awsome posted information, but did not mention the fact the springs were supposedly lost in the mail!!!

Now upset I wrote: on 5/24
Well…………Still no parts!!!!!!!!

I think you need to file a claim with the post office, refund my money and collect the insurance from USPS for the parts. Almost 4 months now.

I have been more than fair, but I am done.

I expect to hear from you by tomorrow, Friday.

Don

His response on 5/24
I shipped the parts. My end of the deal has been done. If you would like to track them down yourself that is fine. If they were lost in shipping that is not my fault.

I responded 5/24
SEND ME A COPY OF THE RECEIPT FOR SHIPPING.

He responded:
I'll do my best to find it but I'm pretty sure I threw it out.

On 5/25/07, Don Thompson <[email protected] > wrote:
SEND ME A COPY OF THE RECEIPT FOR SHIPPING.

Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 4:43 PM
Subject: Re: front suspension parts

I shipped the parts. My end of the deal has been done. If you would like to track them down yourself that is fine. If they were lost in shipping that is not my fault.

--
Trent

Now somebody tell me why I shouldn't feel like I have f'ed over by this person!! I am out $250.00, 4 months of waiting for parts that I do not beleive were ever going to be sent to me.

Everett, I hope you read this! I will have a hard time trusting people now. I have bought and sold over 150 times on ebay and never been screwed. Who would of thought it would happen with someone who is on this site almost daily.
twistingawrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i know is that he should give you a tracking number otherwise he is still at fault... and if it were me, i would fly out to utah. $150 plane ticket to recover $250 ??

RON PAUL 2008!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Motochris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the responsibility IS on his end if he doesn't have the proof that the stuff was sent. It IS his fault until he can prove otherwise.
I'de spread the word wearever you feel you need to on this dirtbag. Nothing I hate more than a thief. If he's not a thief....he's still an irresponsable a-hole that owes you the money.
flynhawaiian1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Motochris. Dr. A, the way you talk on this site sounds like you have done your share of ebay sales and purchases. You should know that if the seller says that he is going to do something such as give a tracking number, You expect that to occur. I know when I have sent packages thru UPS the tracking number is on the receipt. Insurance is always the way to go if the items are worth more than a 100.00. It does sound funny that the same parts were mentioned to be paid for and used on another members car. I feel that if Dr. A dosen't want to work this out he should not be able to sell on Samba. I really am glad that we have this forum that lets us sell/advertise our stuff. We don't need people out there screwing us over.
dr. awsome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only reason carbo mentioned using those parts is because he is my brother and doesn't know I sold them. I also didn't have a tacking number as I used USPS which doesn't give you one. I felt they were the most secure but now I know other wise.
Skidmark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bottom line is the claim filing is your responsibility, not the buyer. You would be held responsible in a court of law on this one. The honorable thing to do is refund the money, file the claim as the shipper, and you collect on the insurance from the USPS. In this country the buyer has all the rights until he has possession of the goods. The damage being done to your reputation has far exceded the money you have received... the buyer would have the responsibility to file a claim only if the goods received were damaged in shipping.

WARNING! This person has been consumed by the Dark Side.

www.socalbajas.com

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q148/bajaskidmark/SCBaja.jpg
cobhc619
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took you 2 months from getting the money to send them and when you finally do, they get lost during shipping? DONT, don't waste your time sue this guy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: