Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Custom Supers
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
beetleaddiction
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Custom Supers Reply with quote

Hi everyone I am a newbie to the site, but have been around VW for a while, I would like to see pics of custom Super Beetles. I am thinking of buying a Super Beetle to customize and I would like to see how they look. Thanks in advance. When I say customized I mean like lowering and engine mods + how difficult is it to find parts.
1971super
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: lowering/parts Reply with quote

lowering is much harder on a super beetle than it is on the traditional bug, supers have struts. You can either cut the springs, compress the springs, buy shorter springs or.. which i recomond is buing some maxx lowering struts, there adjustable from 1-5 inches so you can go super low. as far as parts they are easy to find also just fina a local vw shop they'll hook you up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
beetleaddiction
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: lowering/parts Reply with quote

1971super wrote:
lowering is much harder on a super beetle than it is on the traditional bug, supers have struts. You can either cut the springs, compress the springs, buy shorter springs or.. which i recomond is buing some maxx lowering struts, there adjustable from 1-5 inches so you can go super low. as far as parts they are easy to find also just fina a local vw shop they'll hook you up

excellent, that is what I tought about the suspension being difficult to lower.
but as long as it can be done that is all that matters. Thanksdude
eviloval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out: Superbeetlesonly.com or Germanlook.com for pics on customized supers. For the most part Supers are pretty much identical...so in regards to engine mods its all the same as a bug. The only thing that makes them any different is the front end. Lowering them is easy (after you've done it a few times....first time sucks....especially when you mess up the height). In regards to parts any vender can help you with the car from the front of the doors back....check TopLineParts.com for the front of the car. They'll have everything you'll need to customize it in that regard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ice baller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I CAN DO IT FOR $20!!!!!!!!!!!
Vicious Wagons#1
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blackace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SURE. Go to Home Depot get a hack saw for about $10. Cut the front springs in HALF. Now you have a lowered bug and YOU SAVED $10.
eviloval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you save the $10 and just remove the springs. Since cutting them is just as bad as not having them at all. I was foolish enough to cut my springs in half on the first super I got (years ago). Besides the fact that the road had better be absolutely flat (since its like riding a bull if its not)....don't have a girlfriend who has D's (just picture the bouncing jugs from the movie airplane). Needless to say she didn't approve of its performance. If your going to do something to a vehicle that can change the way it performs.....do it right.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: