Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need info on Kellison
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GetPsycho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Need info on Kellison Reply with quote

Hey everybody,
I'm working on a deal to get a new fiberglass buggy. Its called a Kellison Sportsman. I've been searching the web and having a really hard time finding any info on them. All that I've found is a few pictures. Anyone out there know where I might find some info? Any help would be really great.

GetPsycho
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
gfw1985
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have run into the same problem. I purchased a nice one this fall. Have seen them called a Sandpiper, Sportster Pickup, Roadster Pickup. Only diff I can find is shape of rear. Mine has new buggy windshield, but I did get original windshield and fiberglass top. I would put them on, but will make it too hard for my old body to climb in. Would look really sharp. Will e-mail photo of mine or pict of top and windshield if you would like. I have not found a photo of these anywhere. Let me know if you find any more info on these. All I know is only about 600 made in early 70's.
wheelerdealer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: I have a Kellison Reply with quote

I just bought it about a week ago. I just put new clutch in it and some new chrome exhaust. In the pictures the exhaust isnt on it. I painted all the underside black with ppg jet-black, made it look 100% better. I plan on doing some work on the inside and putting some polished rims and taking off the wheel adapters, they make me worry about the wheel fly'n off. Someone made the aluminum doors for it with lexon windows. This is my 3rd kellison. Seems like there is alot around here. I am getting into air cooled VW's.

Looking to buy anything to do with air cooled VW's.

THIS IS FORSALE OR TRADE !!!!!!!!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Richard Roth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What information do you need ?
I have a Kellison catalog.

1966 Empi GTV MKIV
1954 Kabriolett Beetle
1953 Porsche 356 1500S
1957 Cable brake standard model
1962 cable brake standard model
1956 23 window Samba
1960 Austin Healey 3000
1961 Corvair Greenbrier
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GetPsycho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Richard. Like I said, I'm in the process of getting one. I'm scheduled to go get it on the 26th of this month. I have to go get it with a truck and trailer, about a 3 hour trip each way, but it'll be worth it. I'm looking for any info that I can get. Iv'e been searching the web, and not having much luck. I've found a few pictures, but thats it. I even purchased a copy of "The Dune Buggy Files" hoping to find more info. Awsome book by the way, but not a word about Kellison. I'm the type that likes to know everything I can about my toys. Any help would be great.
--Shawn Smith--
--getpsycho@hotmail--
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Richard Roth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have scanned a number of pages from the 1970 Kellison catalog.
They have been uploaded to the gallery.
Search "Kellison", print them out and staple them together !
Very Happy

1966 Empi GTV MKIV
1954 Kabriolett Beetle
1953 Porsche 356 1500S
1956 23 window Samba
1960 Austin Healey 3000
1961 Corvair Greenbrier
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gfw1985
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU !! Richard Roth. I did not start this topic, but your input has cleared up a lot of questions for me. I knew I had a Kellison, but pictures did not match up with what I had. Love Samba, if anyone has info you can find it here.
Richard Roth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out !
http://kellisonpage3.homestead.com/forsale.html

1966 Empi GTV MKIV
1954 Kabriolett Beetle
1953 Porsche 356 1500S
1956 23 window Samba
1960 Austin Healey 3000
1961 Corvair Greenbrier
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: