Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

my (fake) logo bus
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pommie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: my (fake) logo bus Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

well hello there just a quick pic of my work in progress its a 1982 brazilian with a battered faded paint look complete with rusty bumpers, just got the van on the road after having it for the last year sat in the garage, so far its cost me $5000nz including buying it and getting the engine rebuilt $1100nz of that was for a guy to paint it and i wanted a rat type look but it didnt work out so i just sanded it back in places and hey presto ( "what the f@#K have you done to the van" said the mrs after coming home from workfinding me covered in dust and red paint ) but other than that its ok need to sort some kind of interior out thinking of lowering it and maybe dropping some 16" alloys what do you think ??
another thing i quite often wanna sell the van when something goes wrong is this normal ??? as the mrs dosnt think so it only lasts a few days until i get in a drive it again ...lol
KombiMonster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your adged marks are a bit small....and maybe too many of them???....I'd try to connect a few of them......It gives off a fake feel....
By the way what does it say??
(not trying to mock you or your bus...just an opinion)....

*WANTED*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nimbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KombiMonster wrote:
By the way what does it say??

I think 'Radio Flyer'
Schmoburger
Samba Member

Location: Under a Kombi in Tomerong, NSW, Australia... MATE!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a T1.5 now too!... so... was that bus imported from Brazil then?

Just wondrin what it would cost to import a Kombi into Australia... I'm toying with the idea of importing a currentish model Brazilian bay into Australia then re-engineing with a Pobjoy twincarb 2L, cutting off the awful Brazilian flat roof and radiator front, and welding in one from a standard bus, and converting to RHD with standard bus parts.

A fair way off yet... but yrying to get an idea of the cost involved.

Why you ask... well... it'd mean an almost brand new late 70's standard Kombi with deluxe appointments such as aircon... and totallly rustfree! Very Happy
Mikee
Samba A.D.D. Boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the gallery pics, it was a shinney bus, have fun with it,

bugnut68 wrote:
I would have kicked the guy right in the dick, balls, ass and face and destroyed his weed. Hippies suck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KombiMonster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I'd be buffing it out once your done sanding on it.....it will look much nicer...

*WANTED*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: