Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hello, newbie here.
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oxsign
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Hello, newbie here. Reply with quote

New to the forum, but not to VW's. Just found this place and I figured I'd have a look around. Smile Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sharky745
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the greatest wealth of VW knowledge I have had the pleasure of being a part of. Wink
74Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the continuing education classes. After a year here you'll have earned your Master's Degree in VDubbin! Well.............maybe not but it'll sure be a fun time and good for what ails your VW! Welcome to the Samba Forum!! Cool

2012 Silverado
53 FiberFab MG TD Replica (VW)

Life is hard and its harder if you're stupid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
G-wood Todd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello, newbie here. Reply with quote

oxsign wrote:
New to the forum, but not to VW's. Just found this place and I figured I'd have a look around. Smile Cool

Welcome, you've found the place to be. What do you have for VW's? Since you're here in the ghia forum, I'm guessing you've got a ghia.
and take the kids for instance "Are we going in the Volkswagen bus?" and they say "Yay!" and clap their hands and if it's a glorious day you can slide the sunroof back and let a little of the glory in and all of a sudden, it stops looking funny.

-Volkswagen ad
oxsign
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Well currentlly, I'm getting started on a '70 ghia for my wife. Her grandfather bought it new, and gave it to her when she started H.S. My personal fav. is the squareback. In my time i've owned 7 S.B. ('65, 2 '66, '67, '69, '71, '72), 3 F.B. ('66, '68, '69,) 1 notch, 4 bugs ('62 rag, '67, '71, & '73 superbettle), 1 ghia, & 2 buses ('66, '73 camper). Now that I've moved to FL. parts are a little harder to come by. So this one is going to take a little time. Smile I figure I'll get started here shortlly on it. I've been out of the "VW game" for awhile. I've been working on my truck. So i'm trying to get back "in touch" with the VW crowd again. Wink Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sharky745
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, just realized you are in my backyard. I have a good buddy that has most anything ACVW in the daytona area, let us know what you need to find and he might have it local, if not I'm sure we can find it on the samba. Cheers.
oxsign
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharky745 wrote:
Wow, just realized you are in my backyard. I have a good buddy that has most anything ACVW in the daytona area, let us know what you need to find and he might have it local, if not I'm sure we can find it on the samba. Cheers.
That would be great. Any help I can get is good help. Smile Back home (in AZ) you could go to BAP and get stuff for you VW. Here in FL, you have to know someone. Cool Thx, guys for all the comments & the welcomes. Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: