Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

First round of paint on my 51 split
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDC Auto Parts
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: First round of paint on my 51 split Reply with quote

Just stoped by the paint shop to to go over everything that needs fixed after my split got it`s first four coats of paint. It will get four more coats of paint plus a clear coat. Here is the Link: The color is L37 My car was a staderd that got switched to a 54 pan and the 54 door somewhere along the way. I found this out when I took the car a part and saw that the body molding holes were drilled out and some of the holes not so round.
Hope you all like the Color?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/album?.dir=/a6be

Ben.

Ben
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben, you should post your pics directly in this thread. I can tell you how to do it if you want hit me up. Easiest way is set up an account at www.photobucket.com and you can put them here quick.
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
Matt K.
Paint and Body Nutcase

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great................can't wait to see it all together Wink
KombiMonster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears to already have clear on it???...They going to block it down and paint it again?...Looks good...when you going to get it back?

*WANTED*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDC Auto Parts
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KombiMonster wrote:
It appears to already have clear on it???...They going to block it down and paint it again?...Looks good...when you going to get it back?

NO that is with out clear just pure paint. They have already blocked sanded the paint and painted the car again on Wednesday 2/22/06

Will go look at the car on Friday and decide if I want to clear coat or not. I will get the car back on the 27th then comes both the hard and fun part putting the car back together and seeing my baby come back to life and look as nice as the day it was born from VW October 12th 1951

Ben
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KombiMonster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so they sprayed it with singlestage right?...lol....Your car should be pretty dang straight after their done spraying it the final time....

*WANTED*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDC Auto Parts
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Car was straight from the start: Reply with quote

KombiMonster wrote:
so they sprayed it with singlestage right?...lol....Your car should be pretty dang straight after their done spraying it the final time....

The car was pretty straight that is why I bought it! The last time the car was painted was back in 68 when a VW dealership took it in as a trade in and gave the guy only $300 for the car. They kept it on display till 1987 when it was sold.

What do you think of these cool VW horn grills I just bought out of Brazil?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Ben

Last edited by TDC Auto Parts on Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
TDC Auto Parts
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: First round of paint on my 51 split Reply with quote

[quote="TDC VW Parts"]Just stoped by the paint shop to to go over everything that needs fixed after my split got it`s first four coats of paint. It will get four more coats of paint plus a clear coat. Here is the Link: The color is L37 My car was a staderd that got switched to a 54 pan and the 54 door somewhere along the way. I found this out when I took the car a part and saw that the body molding holes were drilled out and some of the holes not so round. Hope you all like the Color? PS How much do you guys think the paint job cost?

Ben

Ben
Rich's 50
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look's good bro....
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: First round of paint on my 51 split Reply with quote

TDC VW Parts wrote:
Just stoped by the paint shop to to go over everything that needs fixed after my split got it`s first four coats of paint. It will get four more coats of paint plus a clear coat. Here is the Link: The color is L37 My car was a staderd that got switched to a 54 pan and the 54 door somewhere along the way. I found this out when I took the car a part and saw that the body molding holes were drilled out and some of the holes not so round. Hope you all like the Color? PS How much do you guys think the paint job cost?

Ben

That is a very nice color. With all of the brightwork, it will look very snazzy in the summer sun.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: