Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

When I make a hard right, there's a loud clicking noise...
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwbusbusvw
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: When I make a hard right, there's a loud clicking noise... Reply with quote

I was looking for a place to park my '72 Westy where I could keep an eye on it when I went to eat at a resturant. I drove on the sidewalk, and parked it there. When I left, I drove down the curb, slowly, and took off. No wierd noises, no crunching at all. Now, when I turn a hard right, or accelerate hard, there's a loud clicking coming from the front end on the right side. I'm gonna get to it this weekend, but was just wondering if anyone had any idea where to look. Could it just be a quick easy fix?

OMVWC
Quote:
stuped is stuped duse
Amskeptic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: When I make a hard right, there's a loud clicking noise. Reply with quote

vwbusbusvw wrote:

just wondering if anyone had any idea where to look.

Look under the right front of the car if the noise was coming from the right front of the car. Yes. It might be an easy fix. Even a little rock between the dust shield and the brake disk or the caliper and the disk, even a tire hitting the stabilizer bar after you mangled the tie rod when you smacked the curb at-speed and tried to pass it off as slowly walking off a curb Very Happy Ya just get to get under there and look.
Colin
wny72westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: When I make a hard right, there's a loud clicking noise. Reply with quote

Amskeptic wrote:

...even a tire hitting the stabilizer bar after you mangled the tie rod when you smacked the curb at-speed and tried to pass it off as slowly walking off a curb...
Colin

Ahahahaha.

If the tie rod end is bad, the extra play could cause it to rub the inside of the rim when the wheel is turned all the way.
vwbusbusvw
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: When I make a hard right, there's a loud clicking noise. Reply with quote

Amskeptic wrote:
vwbusbusvw wrote:

just wondering if anyone had any idea where to look.

...after you mangled the tie rod when you smacked the curb at-speed and tried to pass it off as slowly walking off a curb Very Happy Ya just get to get under there and look.
Colin

Alright, alright, alright! I'll get down there and look, smartasses.Wink

OMVWC
Quote:
stuped is stuped duse
exvwmd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: clicking noise Reply with quote

I know it sounds weird,but check your right side cv joints
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: