Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Cip1.com
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 21, 2024
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I love CIP1. Last week they sent me my parts...rear brake hardware instead of front. Ok, I said, I'll call. So I call, tell the person the problem, they say to talk to Chris Ingerson (sp?) and that he'll be back tomorrow but wasn't in. So I say cool, I'll call. I call and he says that he'll get it to me next week. So now it is next week. I got the parts today. I look at the label "rear brake parts" I say, hopefully this is bogus. So I look at their website, and it's actually the front brake parts. So I called and spoke with Chris and we determined that it wasn't labeled properly, not CIP's fault, but that it is, infact, front brake hardware. So, a big thank you goes out to Chris for making my day a little better by being cool and getting me my parts free of charge. I'm sure as hell going to be doing business with them again.

[email protected]
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had nothing but positive dealings with CIP1.
They have the most complete catalog I've seen for VW's also.
Just wish they could remove the redundant phone number/shipping info on every page and make the rest of the page larger.
My 45 year old eyes have trouble reading the fine print :crazyeyes:

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DL West-Wiperguy Premium Member
Samba's Wiperguy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cip1 fast shipping!

Last edited by DL West-Wiperguy on Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
myk648
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always had good luck with CIP1. Fast shipping, decent products. Never had a problem!
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Praise for CIP1 Reply with quote

Have had all great experiences - Have had no probs with orders or when I had to return something. Very helpful staff. I put one of their staff through hell trying to find the right set of inserts for my headers. Will keep buying from them.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
canabus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: cip1 Reply with quote

5 years no problems
great tech help
parts always early(allways under a week)
they need more notch parts !!!!!
OldsCool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered several things from them over the past year. Probably $1500 worth. All items received in good condition. The only thing I wasn't totally happy with was the shipping times. It seems to take quite a while to get the parts, but that could also be a result of the fact that we are almost as far away from each other as is possible in the US. The free shipping is even worse-but hey-it's free, and I'm usually in no great big hurry to get the parts-just as long as I get them Very Happy
74airbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've purchased a lot of stuff from CIP over the last two years. Nothing but positive dealings. I see though that their discount policy has changed - no more "5% off your total order" (or 10% off sales). It now says "up to 25% off." I looked over the prices on my "wish list" and it looks like everything went up to stated catalog price with an inflated "mail in or call in" order price. Some stuff went up even more... Since their policy change, I've already ordered stuff from other folks because CIP prices (even with free shipping) were considerably more, which hasn't been the case in the past.
IN2RUST
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered many things from cip1, spent over 1500 dollars. I have seen that the prices have went up alot, so i also have been ordering from other places.
John-
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Cip1 I have never had a problem. They pack there stuff like they're sending you nuclear warheads and When I call them to make sure I got the right stuff they dont make me feel like a dumbass.
hfd2112
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got 2 bad comp-u fire electronic igntion kits from them.First one the car would not even start i called them they sent me another one,got it and the car would run 45 seconds and quit ordered a pertrontics kit from keiths vw charleston wv installed it car runs great.called them to get a return he said i could not get credit for it because he had sent me a replacement uhuh the replacement was bad also.So no more buying from cip.also the kits were installed right and the ignition switch was not left on ..First and last problem with cip i will have.
OldsCool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'd totally lay the blame on CIP1 on that one. I've heard of lots of people having probs with the Compu-Fire units, VW's and non-VW's. A lot of manufacturers, as well as retailers, won't accept returns on electronic components.
hfd2112
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with that I am not totally upset with cip however they could done a 50% refund or something.I don't have $ 85.00 to give cip or compu-fire.
I understand no returns on electronic components but sometimes they are bad and the customer should not pay for for parts that are no good.Anyway i should have done some more research on compu-fire and i would not had to deal with this..The car runs great now and thats all that matters to me.I could have brought a billett dizzy for what i have in this mess but its to late now..
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send us the compufire, I'll replace it, you pay the shipping.

Some companies allow returns/exchanges on electronics, and even carburetors. You need to figure out who they are.

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hfd2112 wrote:
Got 2 bad comp-u fire electronic igntion kits from them.First one the car would not even start i called them they sent me another one,got it and the car would run 45 seconds and quit ordered a pertrontics kit from keiths vw charleston wv installed it car runs great.called them to get a return he said i could not get credit for it because he had sent me a replacement uhuh the replacement was bad also.So no more buying from cip.also the kits were installed right and the ignition switch was not left on ..First and last problem with cip i will have.

You can send them directly to compufire for free exchange, or any reputable vendor can do it for you.
All they want is a copy of the reciept of where you bought it.
Are you sure you got a real compu-fire and not the Chinese Accu-Fire or EMPI crap?

Don't blame CIP they are resellers like every other vendor you deal with.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
texas58rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have only bought a set of wheels from them , with the a lug set , problem is that the lugs where to long and they hit the brakes, so i got what i needed in town and, called cip1 and asked for a refund because what they said would work on my car didnt, im still waiting on that refund from a month ago. sounded like they were going to take care of it but , im not sure why its taking so long, i need to call them back.
OldsCool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:

Some companies allow returns/exchanges on electronics, and even carburetors. You need to figure out who they are.

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.

Now there's a good businessman! I'm placing an order for a front beam from you tonight! Very Happy
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldsCool wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.

Now there's a good businessman! I'm placing an order for a front beam from you tonight! Very Happy

John, good for you. In todays world were customer service is horrible at best, it's nice to see vendors like you! I will also visit your site and send money your way.
thevanillaninja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIP1 is slow as all hell! I submitted an order on 11 March and now it's 15 March, just this afternoon got my shipping confirmation. Any good business, whether it's a $6000 order or 16 cent, should ship same day or next day, weekends not considered. What I mean is it should've been shipped either Saturday or Monday, but no, had to wait 4 days for my 7-10 day shipping. Sure, it's free, but at least process it a little quicker. It's not like they're making any of the parts, just get Johnny to go grab the parts and throw them in a box with my name on it.

To me, CIP is like the Wal-Mart for v-dub stuff - they've got everything at decent prices but they're too big of a company to care about anything other than getting your money, then thinking about shipping your order. Plus, that no orders under $25 is bullshit in my mind.

For the most part, John and aircooled.net are getting my business.

Stored for 4 1/2 years and soon to be resurrected..
'67 beetle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
driver_8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Fast shiping.. Reply with quote

Cip rocks, I orderd a set of rims last saturday over the net, and had them sent 7-10 buis days (ground), well I never got a shipping conf, like Vinallaninja, so I was like WTF, the payment went through monday. Well i got home today at 3 pm from work and low and behold their they were sitting on my porch! Way to go! only 4 days, unbelievable, Thanks cip! I know where im ordering my interior from....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 33

Jump to: