Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

lost compression
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 11:17 am    Post subject: lost compression Reply with quote

I drive a 75 1800cc fuel injected westy..It's run good for a few years now but now it's losing compression when I get into 3rd and especially 4th gear. It starts to sputter and I cant get any acceleration..it loses it until about 15-25mph and I can usually revive it in 2nd gear, or else it dies. what's going on here?
VWSurvival
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 11:13 am    Post subject: lost compression Reply with quote

When was the last time the fuel filter was replaced?

Mike!
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 10:14 am    Post subject: lost compression Reply with quote

The lack of compression could be due to faulty carbs. You might need to rebuild them or buy a new set. I just had the smae problem on my 73 fasty and it was the carbs. I just bought a new set and got rid of the original set. I got them from revolks.com. They seem to be really cheap in comparison to the rest.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:38 pm    Post subject: lost compression Reply with quote

It can't be my carbs, because it's fuel injected...and the fuel filter was replaced just recently
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: