Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bombardier/vw Army Jeeps
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:48 am    Post subject: Bombardier/vw Army Jeeps Reply with quote

Anybody out there know anything abut these odd machines ?
dblugly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:31 pm    Post subject: Bombardier/vw Army Jeeps Reply with quote

I know of a "JEG" its a two door 4WD, looks like a two door thing. Is that what your talking about. It's a early 70's and I think it might even be for sale for the right price.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:03 pm    Post subject: Bombardier/vw Army Jeeps Reply with quote

I don't know anything about them but there is one for sale at-

http://www.canadatrader.com/trader/result/affich.a...1&pr=1

or if that link doesn't work try going to- http://www.canadatrader.com and searching under Light Truck and SUV for Volkswagens. The ad for the Bombardier should be the only one that comes up.
Adam Vegas JHC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 5:22 am    Post subject: Bombardier/vw Army Jeeps Reply with quote

I tried that, and put NOTHING in the search except 'bombardier' and it replied 'no matches, please be LESS specific.'
LESS specific?
I couldnt get any less specific than ONE word!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mowser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:13 pm    Post subject: Bombardier/vw Army Jeeps Reply with quote

are you talking about the military Bombarier vehicles?
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:21 am    Post subject: Bombardier/vw Army Jeeps Reply with quote

Back around the late 70's or early 80's the Army had prototype off-road attack vehicles built to test. North American Racing(Raceco) built 2 prototypes for them. State of the art suspensions. 4 seater, 2.3 liter type 4(might have been more)but state of the art for the time, dual spares, gun mounts, painted OD green, etc. Hot VW's or VW Treds ran an artical on them. I had friends that worked at Raceco. I used to stop by and check the prototypes out as the built them. One time I was taking a couple of SS air tanks to my buddy who worked there and ran out of gas as I pulled up....lol. Well the only gas they had was their race gas so we dropped a couple of gals in my '66 stang. Boy what a difference from good ol pump gas. I wonder what ever happened to those prototypes?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: