Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

steering column removal
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
65Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: steering column removal Reply with quote

After reading the John Henry article on why my horn wouldn't work properly, I bought the two rubber grommets for the steering column tube for my 63 Beetle. The upper one looks like any easy fix, but how do I replace the lower one? You guys (and gals) always come through with the right answer.

Thanks
Craig
63 Beetle
71 Super Beetle convertible
59 Beetle
Help,,, they keep multiplying!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MAdams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pull off the steering wheel, and turn signal mount, remove the upper mount, then just twist and pull. If you cant get it, you might pull the gas tank undo were the steering colum bolts up, slide the shaft up and tap the tube out, replace seal. Alittle soap and water with some force twist the tube back in and bolt everything back up.
Mark
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: