Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

broken clutch cable ...
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Criswell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: broken clutch cable ... Reply with quote

man, what a better time for it to happen. 25 degrees, 12 am, AAAARG ... i knew it was coming for a while but tried to avoid it. the p/o had 4 washers shimming it, i added 6 ... for a total of 3 inches of shim ... oh yeah and while i was fixing it the windows frosted up, inside and out, b/c i have no heat yet

luckily i just pet it in hear and was pulling into a SCGEETZ parkling lot . so i wasnt stranded, but man you should have heard the local drunk college kids giggling at "the broken hippie bus" some kid was walkin around it checkin it out while i was underneath it. i decided tonight, if it gets lowered its gonna be on air, so i can jack it up, b/c i barely fit under it as it was ....

i shoulda fixed it over the weekend while i was off, but never having off a whole weekend in almost a year, i wanted to enjoy it ...

Freakin "A"
TimGud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey zeus are you going to replace the bowden tube? I would if it needed shimming like that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Criswell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i have it, but i couldnt figure out how to get the old one off, it appears to be o.e. or something. it looks like its crimped on somehow, and i didnt want to nuts with it last night, i just wanted to get moving. it was a little too cold to be working on it in just a tshirt. there was no way i was gonna wear my woll peacoat while i was underneath my bus ... nooo way
TimGud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bracket that holds it needs to come off the transaxle and that should be held on with two nuts. Not very hard to do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Criswell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had those bolts out, i had to to the the cable to slide up through ... i was GOING to put the "bowden tube" on, but i couldnt get it to come off of the tube that feeds the cable through the frame ... THATS where it looked liek it was permanatly crimprd ... i yanked and twisted, but nothing, and i wasnt about to try to pry off the metal sleeve lookin thing with my common slot (flathead)
I was all about gettin up outta there. asap , before the po-po showed up and gave me crap for working on it there ( i understand its actually illegal here in PA to work on your vehicle on the street, meaning not in a garage.
last think i wanted was for a policeman to tear apart my bus, only to find nothing, and have ruined interior to top it all off ...... just because "its a hippie bus" and thats probable cause enough or some crap
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: