Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My wipers are a drag
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mork
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: My wipers are a drag Reply with quote

Hello again, I'm finally around an internet connection and maybe someone can help me with my wiper problems.

My window wiper blades are new and they appear to be adjusted correctly (perpendicular to the glass and stuff) but they develop a terrible stutter. They run smooth at first and then it gets bad like when there's no water on the windshield. It sounds terrible, it can't be good for the motor and here's the worst part - the right one gets pushed downwards by the drag on the upstroke. It starts to ride lower and lower until it rides right off the windshield and rips off all the caulk that's keeping the water out of my dash. I can grab it and pull it back into it's normal position but then it rides down again. Ideas? It's been raining for a week and I leak and this wiper is all effed up and all my stuff it wet and the bus smells like wet dog and chicken manure. Thus is life on the road in a VW.
ChuxBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the ribs on the wiper drive shaft and/or the wiper are not stripped smooth. Pop the round plastic cover off of the wiper arm's shoulder to expose the 10mm nut, which hopefully will just be loose and in need of a little tightening... something like 36 in. lbs. (is that 3 ft lbs.?) of torque. Bentley has a great exploded view of the wiper assembly and bits.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
steponmebbbboom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need pics of the mess Becky, take the wiper arm off and snap a couple. You should be able to find what you need in the classifieds section.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: