Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

MOTHER F***ER
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
scottcollins72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: MOTHER F***ER Reply with quote

Gotta love all the bad things going down around here lately. First, driving to the bank and there's a construction site next door. Rock gets picked up by the wind and thrown straight into my windshield. Nearly crapped my pants because it sounded like a gunshot going off and I had glass embedded in my arm. $200 and some tweezers later that's fixed. Crying or Very sad Then Sunday night just accidentally left the door unlocked and some little prick in the neigbourhood stole the damn faceplate off the stereo. Pisses me off because the damn thing's useless without the head unit anyways. Gonna have to go out and buy a new one unless somebody has an extra faceplate for a JVC KD-SX980. Crying or Very sad Always gotta happen before you go away on a trip. Sorry about the rant just not appreciating much right now.
buggnuttz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down here the construction company would be liable for the damages done by the rock including pain and suffering from glass pieces in arm. As for as kids stealing out of van,Sling shots work for me
Captain Pike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebay for the faceplate Very Happy
cheeseisgood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/Excellent-condition-JVC-KD-SX9...dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/JVC-KD-SX980_W0QQitemZ16000178...dZViewItem
Syberia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those were obviously stolen by some punk kid and put up on eBay for sale. Who knows, maybe one of them is the one "lifted" from the van?
Volksaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks about the windshield and the faceplate. You might want to check with the construction crew to see if they will pick up the tab for the windshield... even if it's not required by law they may do it for the goodwill.

My wife's faceplate got ripped off a couple weeks ago too; I know how you feel. You know it's going to end up in the garbage or on eBay. In fact I went on eBay looking for a replacement and found someone that sells almost nothing but faceplates. I suggested to eBay that it looks pretty suspicious to me, I can't think of a legit source for that many faceplates. They put the burden back on me to call the police and file a report, which is pointless since the seller's in another state. I certainly wouldn't buy a replacement from someone I thought ripped it off; we ended up buying her a new stereo.

I hope you can get the tunes together before your trip.
lovedavdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may still have a fighting chance. I do some construction administration as part of my profession and we ran into this sort of trouble with our contractor. One night a wind storm blew through and pulled down part of there sidewalk bridge. Pulled it down onto some of the residents cars parked on the street. They threatened to take legal action, and the contractor compensated them for their losses. It's worth a shot. Wink
lilweasel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a contractor and they are liable. You need to go in and talk to the site project manager- nobody else. They'll try to shuffle you to the site superintendant, and he'll just try to brush you off. Tell them you will file an incident report and call the city in if you need to remedy this unsafe condition. Take pictures of the jobsite before you go talk to them to prove rocks could have blown off the site and onto your car. And do it SOON! If the city found out there was rocks flying into a road with people that could get hurt, especially in moving vehicles, they would shut the jobsite down or fine the contractor. Even try to take pictures of rocks on the road from the site.
lovedavdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilweasel wrote:
I'm a contractor and they are liable. You need to go in and talk to the site project manager- nobody else. They'll try to shuffle you to the site superintendant, and he'll just try to brush you off. Tell them you will file an incident report and call the city in if you need to remedy this unsafe condition. Take pictures of the jobsite before you go talk to them to prove rocks could have blown off the site and onto your car. And do it SOON! If the city found out there was rocks flying into a road with people that could get hurt, especially in moving vehicles, they would shut the jobsite down or fine the contractor. Even try to take pictures of rocks on the road from the site.

#Bad Talk Oh no here come the inspectors Shocked Brick wall Anxious Weasel's got some good advise. Go for it.
scottcollins72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd love to but unfortunately the deed is done. If the window was still broken, if I had a witness, etc, etc. Unfortunately none of that is true. And that didn't piss me off nearly as much as the stereo. Thanks for all the concern though Very Happy. As for the tunes for the trip we're covered. My girlfriend's old Passat had a decent Denon CD deck in it. Sure it won't play MP3's and it doesn't have an input on the front for the portable DVD player but ah well. Supposed to be sunny anyways. Cool Thanks for all the input!

Cheers
Scott
lovedavdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottcollins72 wrote:
Yeah, I'd love to but unfortunately the deed is done. If the window was still broken, if I had a witness, etc, etc. Unfortunately none of that is true. And that didn't piss me off nearly as much as the stereo. Thanks for all the concern though Very Happy. As for the tunes for the trip we're covered. My girlfriend's old Passat had a decent Denon CD deck in it. Sure it won't play MP3's and it doesn't have an input on the front for the portable DVD player but ah well. Supposed to be sunny anyways. Cool Thanks for all the input!

Cheers
Scott

that's the spirit. Don't forget your tools. Just in case the dark cloud follows you Rolling Eyes
scottcollins72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tools never leave the back of it. Not that I'm worried or anything Rolling Eyes
lovedavdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm headed out of state this afternoon myself. Also with my tools on board. Ya never know. Hope its a good trip Wink
Volksaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottcollins72 wrote:
The tools never leave the back of it. Not that I'm worried or anything Rolling Eyes

Sounds like you've got a solid van... I always kept the tools in my '58 but they came out far too often on road trips! Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: