Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Got My Eurovan Home Today.
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAVEURO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Got My Eurovan Home Today. Reply with quote

My Bro' stopped by and said "lets go get it". We hooked a chain up so it appeared to be in tow as plates are expired. It drove just fine under it's own power. Now I can get things going.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
T2T4
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty clean...that blue color is good. Can't beat that 5 cylinder..MV or GL ? 5 Spd ?

Stay in touch, I have 3 Euro's....maybe the only guy on earth.

Check Eurovan Update on Google - good newsletter and Yahoo user group.
DAVEURO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey another Eurovan person, It's the GL missing the center seats. It has the 4 speed auto. I really would much rather have a manual in any Volks but for 500 bucks I could easily part it out if repairs are too much. I work at a GM dealership and have online access to all the schematics and service manuals. It has 206,000 miles and has a couple rust issues and the carpet is extremely gross. For now it will be my "truck and utility" vehicle until I feel it is dependable enough for longer trips. One thing I did notice is that whenever I use an electrical device, ie turn signals, windows, the abs light comes on. It was said to have had a battery rundown problem also. Maybe the alt. is going bad causing low battery voltage? I will test it this weekend. Lots of little things to address but nothing major.Thanks for the post.
terryg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really a 5-speed auto - they just don't give you a choice about the gear between 3rd and 4th. It does come in handy however and is not the mushy, sloppy shifting piece of junk you find in domestic cars. They don't like weak batteries, and the electrics in the dash get strange problems in very hot weather due to delaminating of circuit boards. It's taceable and fixable with patience and a good manual.

Good Luck, they are great vans!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: